B.Sc. Environmental Science (Tribhuvan University)
B.Sc. environment is a four year program of Tribhuvan University. The course is based on annual examination system where examination takes place at the end of every academic year. This program was introduced as three year program in 1997 AD and was later converted to 4 year program from 2012 AD. The course was introduced with view point of raising awareness among the general mass about the importance of environment. In the current circumstance, when environment is changing rapidly, the importance and relevancy of the subject has also increased. Apart from environment, subjects like zoology, chemistry etc, are taught in order to make student well known about other various aspects of environment. First and second year consists of compulsory subjects. In third year there are elective subjects. Fourth is tilted towards research. However, students who are not willing to do research can opt for written examination. The course is taught by dividing into theory and practical.
List of colleges offering B.Sc. Environment are:
- Khwopa College, Bhaktapur
- GoldenGate International College, Bhatisputali, Kathmandu
- Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Ghantagar, Kathmandu
- Amrit Science Campus, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Birat Science Campus, Biratnagar
- Damak Multiple Campus, Dhamak, Jhapa
- College of Applied Sciences, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Janapriya Multiple Campus, Kaski, Pokhara
- Xavier International College, Kalopul, Kathmandu
- Hari Khetan Multiple Campus, Parsha, Birgunj
In the constituent college of TU fee structure of B.Sc Environment per academic year ranges in between NRS.6500 to NRS. 7,000 However, fee structure is subject to change every year. There may be slight changes and fee of other year may differ from the fee of first year. The course is a little costlier in private colleges.
The objectives of B.Sc. environment are as follows:
- The course aims to qualify students for providing consultative services on the matter of environment law and policy and develop skills to carry out environment impact assessment test.
- The course aims to qualify students to contribute and endow leadership in the preparation of appropriate mechanism for showing early warning system about environmental change and its consequences.
- The course aims to qualify students in analyzing and understanding the intimate and interactive connection between man and his physical, social and biological environment and correlate the burning environmental issues and help in enhancement of environment quality.
- The course aims to qualify students in pursuing the graduate studies in environmental and
- carrying out innovative and creative work in the field of environment.
- The candidates must have passed intermediate level science or plus two science or A-level science or I.Sc from TU or Board/ University/ Institution accepted by TU in science stream.
- There is no any minimum mark criterion for B.Sc. environment.
- The students should compulsorily fulfill all the criteria required for appearing in the entrance exam.
- 2 hour exam
- Total 100 marks objective questions.
- Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Math for Physical groups,
- Questions are asked from Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany for Biological group
- Exam takes place at different time for physical and Bio- group
- Merit list is published and admission is taken as per merit list.
Course of Study
- Introductory Environmental Science
- Environmental Practical I
- Zoology Practical I
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Chemistry Practical I
- Fundamental Aspects in Environmental Science
- Environmental Practical II
- Chordata, Cell and Tissue Biology
- Zoology Practical II
- General Chemistry
- Chemistry Practical II
- Environmental Pollution and Control
- Resource Conversation and Management
- Environmental Practical III(A)
- Environmental Practical III(B)
- Besearch Methology
- Note: Chemistry And Mathematics can be offered in third year as major subjects
Scope and Career Prospects
The environment science has immense and lucrative scope in current scenario. With the increase in importance of environment among people nationally and internationally, the job horizon of environment science graduates have also increased. The undergraduates in the environment can get job in various environment related organizations, NGO/INGO's and government departments working in the field of environment. Undergraduates can get jobs as researchers, teachers, supervisor, conservationists, campaigner, consultant, journalist, etc in the field of environment. The job of environment graduates requires adequate traveling. So, the work is very interesting and relaxing. You can work as well as enjoy the fantasy of nature simultaneously. Unlike other sciences, it deals with integrated aspects of earth, biology and physical science. The environment graduates can also work in different positions in Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) team. Moreover, option for further study is also available for undergraduates. This subject has huge demand in the developed country and students can study and earn their.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.