B.Sc. Horticulture and Floriculture Management (Tribhuvan University)
Floriculture is a science that is related with cultivation of flowering and ornamental plants for garden and many other decoration works. Horticulture, on the other hand is related with agriculture science that encompasses the mixture of art, science, technology and business of budding floras.
Bachelor of Horticulture and Floriculture Management is a four year, 8 semester program of Tribhuvan University conducted under Institute of science and technology. This is new program of TU and was started from 2012 AD. The total weight of the course is 160 credit hours. This course was designed with the purpose of giving in depth knowledge regarding the professional aspects of horticulture and floriculture management and make students well acquainted with the scientific and economic importance of horticulture and floriculture. This course is offered in Mahendra Ratna Mutiple Campus, Illam and the curriculum has been approved by Tribhuvan University.
List of colleges:
Mahendra Ratna Multiple Campus, Illam is only the college in Nepal affiliated to Tribhuvan University which provides this course.
The total fee structure for pursuing this course is Rs. 3,31,620.
The objectives of B.Sc. horticulture and floriculture are as follows:
- To make student understand the importance of horticulture and floriculture and its contribution in the economy with specific orientation towards the vegetables, fruit crops and ornamental pants.
- To provide students knowledge and skills in improving and enhancing the horticulture and floriculture production and its market, and also generate awareness among people about the artistic and economic value of ornamental plants.
- To help student open up their own enterprises and integrate it with other enterprises and carry out scientific research in the field of horticulture and floriculture.
- To promote and protect the environment and our surrounding and decorate landscapes through the aesthetic use of horticulture and floriculture and increase greenery, control pollution and soil erosion.
- The candidates must have passed +2 Science or I.Sc. or I.Sc. Agriculture or I.Sc. Forestry from TU or university/ Board/ Institution recognized by TU.
- Candidates must comply with all the necessary criteria required for appearing in entrance exam.
- The students should appear in entrance exam.
- The merit list is published after the entrance exam.
- Detail information related to exam can be known from the campus that is offering this program.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
What can be more mesmerizing then seeing the beautiful flowers blossoming, greenery pervading the nature and nature being decorated as the beautiful bride? In such places, the masterpiece of the literature is created. So, this shows how important the role of horticulture and floriculture has in inspiring the people. The B.Sc. graduates have lot of career prospects thanks to the modernization and rapid technology change in this field. This subject is getting attention rapidly and thinking and perception regarding this subject is gradually changing. They can work in hotels, restaurant, corporate house, hospitals and many other places designing and decorating the compounds and gardens. The graduates can work in agriculture corporations like seed banks, big farm corporations, food corporations, etc earning good remuneration. Tea estates and gardens, agro industry, medicinal herbs industry, etc are the field where graduates can work. Beside this organization working in the agriculture management will be the obvious destination of the graduates. Not only this, the subject has huge prospects in the developed countries and graduates will be rewarded with money and work.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.