B.Sc. (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) is a four year program of Tribhuvan University. This program is conducted by Institute of science and technology. The program has been upgraded from 3 years course to 4 years course from 2012 in order to make it in line with the international universities practice. The total course is of 2000 marks. Students have to study core courses and scientific communication in first year, core course and applied statistics in second year. In third year, apart from core courses of respective discipline, students have to study research methodology and electives subject. In elective courses, students have to choose any two subjects from respective subject pool. Fourth year consists of core courses, project work/ field work, computational courses and interdisciplinary courses. Fourth year is research oriented for providing knowledge, ideas and acquaintance to the students in the field of research. The core course is divided into theory and practical which is of 100 and 50 marks respectively. Bachelor of Science envisions producing highly qualified undergraduates having strong foundation in the different discipline of science and technology.
There are many colleges throughout Nepal. Some of them are as follows:
- GoldenGate International College, Battisputali, Kathmandu
- Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus, Pokhara, Kaski
- Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Ghantaghar, Kathmandu
- Siddhanath Science Campus, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur
- Amrit Science Campus, Lainchaur, Kathmandu
- Birendra Multiple Campus, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Sunsari Technical College, Dharan
- Central Campus of Technology, Hattisar, Kathmandu
- Balkumari College, Narayangadh, Chitwan
- St. Xaviers College- Maitighar, kathmandu
The fee structures vary according to subjects as well as according to institutions. The authentic fee structure can be known from the respective institutions.
The objectives of B.Sc. are as follows:
- To make students well acquainted in the latest ideas, knowledge, Invention and the practices in the theoretical and practical aspects of science and technology.
- To familiarize and give direction to students in the research and project works and make them understand its importance and applicability in the field of science.
- To generate passion and interest in the students regarding the further study and continuous learning activities in the field of science and technology.
- To provide strong foundation for students to pass the postgraduate level entrance exam and develop efficiency to get employment at national and international level.
- He/ She should pass plus two science or I.Sc. or A-level or equivalent degree from TU or University/ Board/ Institute recognized by TU.
- Students should meet the specific criteria for the concerned subjects.
- Students should pass the entrance exam of their respective subjects taken by IoST.
- The entrance exam is of two hours.
- Separate entrance exam is taken for physical and bio group in separate time.
- The merit list is published then after.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
The good performer in undergraduate in science has wide range of scope and job opportunities. The B.Sc. program is very tough and challenging and it needs lot of dedication, hard work, passion and creativity. The undergraduates in the B.Sc. can choose to continue their further study in the developed countries. The science graduates are highly demanded and rewarded in the foreign countries. Not only in the developed countries, the graduates are in demand in the home country also. Graduates can work as teacher and trainers in the schools and tuition centers. They can also work in different positions in the research field. There are different governmental and nongovernmental organizations, corporate house and industries working in the field of science, where graduates can work and earn very good salary. Apart from this, there are other different fields where students can choose to make their career.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.