B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Tribhuvan University)
BMLT stands for Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology Program. It is a 4 years Bachelor course. It was first introduced in Nepal in 1987 at Maharajgunj Campus. During its starting period it had enrolled 4 students, at present it enrolls 11 student in IOM.
BMLT holds the main aim of producing the skilled and professional graduate degree holders those who have the good command over the laboratory medicine. It believes in producing the manpower that are highly dedicated ,academically suitable, self reliant and commanding figure to provide a better leadership in work at respective field.BMLT course has been divided into 4 major subjects i.e.Medical Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Hematology, Histopathology and Cytology
Beyond all the above mentioned subjects students should attend the theoretical courses as well as Practical classes including the Projects given by the teachers on their field.The subjects as mentioned above have full marks of 100 for each. Internal assessments too have the 20, marks contribution to the relevant marking.
List of colleges offering BMLT under affiliation of TU:
- Maharajgunj Medical Campus, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
- Chitwan Medical College, Bharatpur , Chitwan
- Little Angels College Of Higher Studies, Hattiban, laitpur
- Manamohan Memorial Institute Of Health Science, Kathmandu
The fee of studying BMLT in Maharajgunj campus is Rs. 229400 for subsidized students and Rs. 601030 for full paying students.
- To produce the well skilled , passionate manpower in the sector of medicinal laboratory to strengthen the efficiency of medicinal laboratory.
- To perform various routine regarding the investigations on both clinical as well as non clinical matters.
- Produce the manpower that can operate the research shell in zonal, national level.
- To perform the mangemental jobs , supervision of the quality controls over the periodic submission of the laboratory result.
- To assist in interpreting the results and principles of either of the investigation.
- To help in the quality assessment of the laboratory for better result.
It requires the following criteria for being the candidate for the entrance examination in the course of BMLT:
- Certificate level in Laboratory medicine (Health Laboratory)or equivalent degree from TU or University recognized by TU.
- 10+2 or PCL level recognized by Tribhuvan University.(Bio group is essential for +2 students).
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
In today's rapidly changing world, the unconventional subjects are fetching huge market than those typical subjects. Medical sector is an integrated field where various professional's role comes into play. The doctor does not treat patient at once, first of all the disease is diagnosed and then treated. So, the role of MLT comes in the diagnosis stage. The graduates can work in hospitals, health post, clinics, nursing home, etc. Not only this, the graduates can also work in various health related organizations, government departments, nongovernmental organizations, etc. One can also choose career in the various pharmaceutical industries, industries working in making medical equipments, etc. Since, the diagnosis is an integral part of treatment, so the graduates have very huge job prospects. The boundary of the graduates is not confined to the country but also outside it. The knowledge and skills of the graduates are highly appreciated in the foreign countries.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.