B.Sc. Chemistry (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (B.Sc Chemistry) is an undergraduate program offered by Tribhuvan University (TU), under the management of Institute of Science and Technology (IoST). It is a four year annual degree program of 1,600 full marks in total that includes theory, laboratory work and thesis writing. The duration of this degree program was changed from 3 years to 4 years from the year 2069 BS (2012 A.D) to provide international standard education to students at a reasonable price.
This program deals with the study of nature and structure of all the substances, atoms, molecules, and changes that occur within them. This program is designed to provide a better and greater understanding of various fields of chemistry and the related sciences to the students, planning to pursue their career in the chemical industries, laboratories of private, public or governmental sector and who intends to become a professional and successful chemist.
Colleges offering B.Sc Chemistry under Tribhuvan University:
Amrit Campus Lainchour, Kathmandu
Goldengate International College Wisdom Tower, Trikuti Colony Old Baneswor, Battisputali, Kathmandu
Phone No:+977-01-4477082, G.P.O Box:4059, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Khwopa College Dekocha-5, Bhaktapur
- To produce high-skilled knowledge based manpower.
- To prepare students for higher studies like Masters’ level program in the area of Chemistry or other related field.
- To develop skilled, intellectual and passionate chemists to work as Researcher in chemical and related laboratories and industries for the development of new chemical products and materials.
- To prepare successful graduates who can work in Pharmaceuticals to design, develop, analyze, evaluate and regulate new and existing pharmaceutical.
- To prepare the chemist providing them theoretical and practical knowledge for identifying the chemical risks and damaging toxins in any chemical that is to be used for public consumption.
- To develop the human resources for the discovery of new medicines and vaccines, for forensic analysis of criminal cases.
- To prepare chemical experts to run analysis on existing plans and policies in order to ensure that they are up to date with scientific developments.
- The application form can be directly collected from the reception of the affiliated College/Campus or can be downloaded on the dates prescribed from the affiliated College/Campus websites for the admission process.
- The filled in application form, along with the photocopy of the mark sheets and stated cash amount or payable deposit slip in name or account of the affiliated College/Campus should be submitted before the due date.
- The applicants must appear in the entrance exam conducted by Institute of Science and Technology, TU and pass the exam.
- The merit list of the applicants from the entrance exam will be published and they can seek admission as per the merit list at TU and its affiliated campuses/colleges.
Commencement of Course: Kartik/Mangsir each year Note:
Students who have passed their grade 11 board exam and waiting for the result of grade 12 can also fill the application form and appear in the entrance examination. Applicants should submit their mark sheet of +2 exam before the results of the entrance examination come out or during the admission process.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
- Polymer and Chemical Industries
- Healthcare sector
- Environmental consultancy, agriculture and chemical diagnostics
- Forensic labs