B.Sc. Tea Technology and Management (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor of Science in Tea Technology and Management, also known as B.Sc in TTM is an undergraduate degree program offered by the constituent campus of Tribhuvan University, under the Institute of Science and Technology (IoST). It is an entirely new four years, semester based program spreading over 8 semesters, introduced from the academic session 2011 A.D with the aim of producing and preparing qualified human resources to work in tea technology and management sector or tea factories/industries.
This B.Sc. TTM is a multi-disciplinary and application oriented degree that mainly focuses on the subjects like Basic Science, Tea Science, Management, Introduction to Law, etc. This course provides both theoretical as well as practical knowledge to the students focusing on analysis, application and evaluation of tea technology.
This course is taught only in Mechi Multiple Campus, under IoST.
Mechi Multiple Campus Bhadrapur, Jhapa, Mechi
Contact No: +977-23-455044, +977-23-455135, +977-23-455615 URL: http://www.mechicampus.edu.np
- To produce qualified human resources that can produce high quality organic and International Standard Tea and work successfully and professionally.
- To prepare successful graduates capable of handling and managing overall activities of tea plantations and processing in the tea factory/industry.
- To deal with the employers and workers of tea industry along with having knowledge of marketing the product in local and global market.
- To provide theoretical knowledge to the students to build up a deeper understanding and familiarize them with the practical tools and techniques used in the development of tea management and technology sector.
- To initiate conservation of environment adopting eco-friendly Tea Plantation and Culture Method.
- To help students to improve their analytical abilities, decision making, leadership to carry out, analyze and execute plans and policies for the overall development tea management and technology
Eligibility for Admission:
Applicants must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent level certificate in science faculty or in any equivalent discipline from any Board/University recognized by TU.
Note: Quota system is available in Mechi Multiple Campus (MMC).
- Total No. of Seats: 24
- Tea Association: 5
- Free Students Union MMC: 5
- Teacher/Staff Children of MMC: 1
- Open Competition: 13
The application form can be collected from the TU constituent, Mechi Multiple Campus and the filled in application form, along with the photocopy of the mark sheets and stated cash amount or payable deposit slip in name of the Campus should be submitted before the due date as mentioned in the calendar of events of the campus.
The following documents should be submitted during the admission
- Copy of a Character Certificate
- Copy of a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent mark sheet
- Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent transcript
- Migration Certificate
- One color stamp size photographs for the College ID Card and two color passport size photographs for the College Records
- Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or Passport (For Foreign Students only)
Note: Students who have passed their grade 11 board exam and waiting for the result of grade 12 are also eligible to fill the application form and appear in the entrance examination. Applicants should submit their mark sheet of +2 exam before the results of the entrance examination come out or during the admission process.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
- Tea Industry
- Tea Consultant/ Researcher
- Plantation/ Factory Managers
- Tea Taster/ Broker
- Financial Head/ Consultant in Tea Board/ Committee
- Estate manager
- Entrepreneur or own tea business can be started
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.