B.Sc. Nursing (Tribhuvan University)
Nursing is very noble and holistic profession because it deals with caring those who are wounded mentally, physically or emotionally. When it comes about nursing, every one of us is familiar with the story of Florence Nightingale and her great humanitarian work. Nurses are very integral part of health care system. From general ward to the operation theater, everywhere there is a need of an efficient nurse. This is a field where women are more dominant than men.
Bachelor of Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing) is a four year program of Tribhuvan University conducted by IOM. This bachelor level program was initiated since 2005 AD with the aim of preparing academically sound graduate nurses having ability to function as a care provider, manager, teacher and researcher in nursing areas. This program is based on annual system and the course duration is of 48 months.
List of colleges:
The list of colleges offering B.Sc. in Nursing in TU is as follows:
- Chitwan Medical College, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- National Medical College, Birgunj, Rautahat
- Maharajgunj Nursing Campus, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
- Mana Mohan Memorial Institute of Health Science, Nakhkhu, Lalitpur
- Janamaitri Foundation Institute of Health Sciences
- Universal College of Medical Sciences and Teaching Hospital, Bairahawa, Nawalparasi
- NAIHS College of Nursing, Mahankalasthan, Kathmandu
- Little Angels' College of Higher Studies, Hattiban, Kathmandu
The main objectives of B.Sc. Nursing are as follows:
- To develop graduates into competent, skillful and professional nurses capable of working in the diverse health care situation.
- To develop students capacity to lead as well as work as a member of interdisciplinary team by keeping in mind the moral and ethical constraint.
- To develop graduates such that they can exhibit scientific attitude of enquiring into different nursing problems and continue lifetime learning and professional development in the field of nursing.
- To make graduates capable of successfully passing licensure exam of nursing practice and help learner make their way through the post graduate entrance exam.
- The candidates should have passed I. Sc. or +2 sciences or equivalent program from TU or University/ Board known by TU.
- The candidates should have at least 50% marks in aggregate as well as 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology in the intermediate level.
- The candidates should fulfill are the requirement as prescribed in the entrance exam notice of B.Sc. Nursing in TU.
- The entrance exam will be of 100 marks.
- Candidate should obtain the minimum 50% marks to pass the entrance exam.
- Merit list of those who have passed the exams will be published according to marks in the entrance exam.
Course of Study
- Integrated Health Sciences I Theory
- Integrated Health Sciences II Theory
- Integrated Health Sciences Practical
- Fundamentals of Nursing Theory
- Fundamentals of Nursing Practical
- Community Health Nursing Theory
- Community Health Nursing Practical
- Nutrition & Diet Therapy Theory
- Adult Nursing I Theory
- Adult Nursing II Theory
- Geriatric Nursing Theory
- Adult & Geriatric Nursing Practical
- Psychiatric Nursing Theory
- Psychiatric Nursing Practical
- Nursing Concepts Theory
- Social & Behavioural Science Theory
- Midwifery I Theory
- Midwifery I Practical
- Midwifery II Theory
- Midwifery II Practical
- Child Health Nursing Theory
- Child Health Nursing Practical
- Family and Reproductive Health Nursing Theory
- Family and Reproductive Health Nursing Practical
- Management and Health Economics
- Management Practicum
- Educational Science
- Education Practicum
- Research and Biostatistics
- Research Practicum
Scope and Career Prospects
What can be any noble profession than nursing where you earn good salary and feel satisfied by helping those are sick and unhealthy. One of the most important professions in health care is nursing and nurses are the integral player who has very diverse role to play. Nurses can find employment in the areas like:
- Hospitals and health centers
- Nursing homes
- Clinics and health departments
- Orphanage and children and old house care
- Military and sports
- Schools and colleges
- Industry and corporate house
- Medicinal centers
- Teacher and educators
Not only this they can also pursue their further study in different reputed universities of foreign countries. B.Sc. Nursing has very high demand in the foreign countries where they are paid very lucrative salary.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.