Bachelor of Information Technology (Tribhuvan University)
Note: This program has not yet been started by TU. It is known from reliable sources that the course curriculum is under progress.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program covers studies of all aspects of IT, however it focuses on infrastructure technology, development of applications, web multimedia resources, systems, planning & administration of technology life-cycles, installation and management of networks and information security. The program provides the students with the modern knowledge, competent and experience needed for a thriving career as an information technology professional able of managing IT, technological transformations and digital expertise in all areas of the community.
The four year Bachelor of Information Technology program conducted by the Tribhuvan University consists of core and advanced unit. The core module covers the fundamentals of IT that equip pupils with skill and knowledge in communication, computer networks, system design and programming. Whereas, the advanced unit allows pupils to develop, exercise and implement their skills and knowledge in the fields of Internet, Mobile industry, World Wide Web (WWW) and Information & communication.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program aims to equip students with theoretical concepts and practical training in IT to prepare them to work in fields of IT and information service. Some of the specific objectives of the Bachelor of Information Technology program are listed below:
- To enable students to adapt to ever-evolving technologies and environment and be innovative.
- To enable students to function within a team to attain a common goal.
- To enable students to evaluate contemporary and emerging technologies and configure, apply and manage IT technologies.
- To enable students to assess the impact of IT on business processes, individuals and the environment.
- To develop the interpersonal expertise important for participation and leadership in the industry.
- To provide a strong foundation for the further education.
Students interested in pursuing Bachelor of Information Technology degree should have completed +2 or Intermediate in any stream.
While applying for the admission students should submit the following documents:
- Accurately filled and signed admission form
- Photocopy/copy of certificates of SLC and +2 or intermediate level
- Character certificates issued by the academic institutes attended
- Recent passport size photos
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Graduates with this degree may look for job opportunities in the areas such as multimedia, web systems, social media, mobile computing, cloud computing and app development. Computer organizations, government departments, software development companies and commercial organizations are some of the typical recruiters of this degree holder. This degree holder has the option to work as:
- Web Developer
- System Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Software Tester
- Application Programmer
- Analyst Programmer
- Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Software engineer
- Systems Marketer