Bachelor of Film Studies (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor in Film Studies (BFS) is an undergraduate degree program offered by the affiliated college of Tribhuvan University (TU), under the faculty of Humanity and Social Sciences. In South Asia, Nepal is the only country providing a Bachelor degree in Film Making (BFS).
BFS is a professional and strategically designed bachelor degree program of three years focusing on the subjects like History of Films, Basic film Theory, English, Nepali, History, Culture, Literature, Sociology & Anthropology and Psychology as core subjects. Direction, Acting, Motion Picture Photography, Audiography and Film Editing are the specialization subjects. Students have to choose any one subject among them as specialization subject for the completion of their bachelor degree.
College Offering BFS:
Oscar International College, Sukedhara, Kathmandu
- To prepare successful BFS graduates who can work as a professional film makers or in digital media.
- To prepare passionate, creative and enthusiastic human resources in the field of film industry/movie making.
- To prepare students for higher level of studies like Masters Level program in the area of Film Making, Photography or other related field.
- To provide international level theoretical and practical classes to the students to build up a deeper understanding and broaden their knowledge about the movie industry, film making and digital media.
- To provide knowledge on Literature, Sociology, Psychology and other social sciences to enhance the understanding and enjoyment of film as major art form.
- To help to develop technical skills and create the interest among the students and make them understand about the artistic vision of film making introducing them to the wide range of films.
- To prepare the graduates who can improve, promote and develop the film industry and digital media of our country.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board), or equivalent level certificate in Science, Management, Humanities or any other discipline from any national or foreign board/university recognized by TU with second division or minimum 45% in aggregate or at least grade D in three subjects in Advance Level.
- Students will have to pass an entrance examination conducted by the TU affiliated college. There will be an oral test and written examination. The applicants must face the interview.
- Students will be selected from the merit list prepared on the basis of the score obtained in 10+2 (HSEB) level or equivalent level, the written examination and interview.
- Non-Nepali can also apply.
If you meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria, along with the filled Application form, the following documents are needed. Application forms can be collected from the Oscar International College.
- Copy of a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent mark sheet
- Copy of a Character Certificate
- Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent level transcript
- Copy of a Migration Certificate (Original during the admission)
- Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or valid Passport (For Non-Nepali)
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
- Film / Media/ Cinema Critics
- Production House
- Motion Picture Photography
- Film Editing
- Screenplay writer/ Scriptwriter
- Media and Digital Journalism