M.Ed. - Master of Education (Tribhuvan University)
Master of Education (M.Ed.) is a two year, four semester course of Tribhuvan University conducted by Faculty of Education. In other campuses within and outside valley except central campus M.Ed. program is managed in a yearly system carrying out exam at the end of each academic year. In order to make teaching and learning practice easier the course content is divided into core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practice and thesis. Students have to study 66 credit hours in total where 18 credit hours are allocated for first three semester and 12 credit hours are allocated for fourth semester. However, when it comes to yearly examination system, 1000(500+500) marks are allocated for studying in the time duration of two years. The course is designed to provide the students with the understanding and expertise mandatory for developing them as professionally capable teachers and trainers. The course also aims to produce teachers having talent, zeal and capacity to bring positive change in the field of education.
There are many colleges that are offering M.Ed. Education. Some of them are listed below:
- Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus, Pokhara, Kaski
- Sanothimi Campus, Bhaktapur
- Shaheed Smriti Multiple Campus, Ratnanagar, Chitwan
- Siddhartha Gautam Buddha Campus, Butwal, Rupandehi
- Surya Narayana Satya Narayan Marita Multiple Campus, Siraha
- Waling Multiple Campus, Syangja
- Adikavi Bhanubhakta Multiple Campus, Damauli, Tanahu
- Kailali Multiple Campus, Dhangadhi
- Tribhuvan Multiple Campus, Tansen, Palpa
- Chaitanya Multiple Campus, Banepa, Kavre
- Central Department Of Education, Kirtipur
The main objectives of Master of Education are as follows:
- To aid graduates in understanding, realizing and bringing into use the skills and knowledge in recognizing, analyzing and solving the fundamental problems of the education.
- To aid graduates in enriching and extending their academic and professional competence and broaden their knowledge base in the subject of their specialization.
- To enhance and increase graduates capacity to diagnose the problems of their students and apply prescriptive measures, tactics and strategies to solve those problems as a result becomes more encouraged and motivated in learning activities.
- To motivate graduates in being the agent of social change through educational best practices, involve in the field of research and pursue lifelong learning and professional development in the field of education.
- Student with Bachelor's Degree in Education from TU or from university recognized by TU are eligible for the admission to the Masters Program.
- In order to get admission in different subjects they need specific qualification of that subject.
- Student has to compulsorily pass entrance test for getting admission.
- Entrance exam is taken by Faculty of Education.
- The merit list is then published after the entrance exam.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
There is widespread opinion among people that students pursuing master of education is just limited to teaching activities but it is not like that. Graduate's main priority will be teaching but there is many other profession students can choose to perform after their studies. Besides teaching students form primary level to tertiary level, colleges to universities, M.Ed. graduates can have varieties of job options. M.Ed. graduates can work in NGO/ INGO's in different positions as per their qualification. They can also pursue career as a writer, editor, administrator, trainers, journalist, analyst, counselor, etc. Also, the graduates can work in research institutes researching in various burning issues of the education sector. The organizations and corporate houses working in the field of children, youth and human resource can also hire education graduates. The graduates can vie for various governmental jobs. Not only this, the graduates can also shine internationally making good careers in the developed countries.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.