M.Ed. Economics Education (Tribhuvan University)
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Economics education is a two year academic program of TU spreading over four semesters. The Faculty of Education has been authorized to conduct this program. The course follows semester exam system in Central Campus and yearly exam system in other affiliated and constituent colleges. The courses have been separated into core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practice and thesis to make student academically capable from every angle. Fourth semester is of 12 credit hours and all other semesters are of 18 credit hours. The student pursuing this degree in yearly system has to study 1000 marks over 2 years time span.
The course intends to offer candidates the comprehension and aptitude required to thrive as an academically talented economics education teachers and trainers. Economics Education is indeed one of the important subjects of education sector which holds very significant place. There is extremely need of a very eminent economic educator who has that charisma to impart very influencing education to his students and motivate them to be a good economist in future.
List of colleges:
The list of colleges offering M.Ed. Economics Education is as follows:
- Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus, Pokhara, Kaski
- Central Department of Economics Education: Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur
- Sanothimi Campus, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur
The fee structure of M.Ed. in economics education can be found from the website of respective colleges.
The main objectives of economics education are as follows:
- To provide students the extensive knowledge and understanding needed for the study of the inter-linkages between economics education and the economy.
- To provide students the concrete analytical benchmark for the analysis of financial and economic issues in the economy through the study of economic education.
- To make students capable of being innovative and creative teachers having profound knowledge of economics.
- To make students well acquainted with importance of research in education, procedure to perform research and develop ability to write and comprehend the research.
The students willing to join M.Ed. economics education should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from TU or from university recognized by TU.
- Three-year B.Ed. with major Economics or Bachelor of Arts with major Economics and one year B.Ed. from T.U. or a university accepted by T.U.
- Student has to compulsorily pass entrance test for getting admission.
- Entrance exam is taken by Department of Economics Education.
- The merit list is then published after the entrance exam.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Economics education is one of the major subjects in terms of students’ enrollment and its future job prospects. Economics is such subject which can earn your name, fame and money and take you very high in life. One can be a dynamic teacher from schools to universities enlightening the life of students through the knowledge of economics. There are numerous NGO/ INGO’s posting bundles of job vacancy where economic education graduates can work in various positions. Besides this, the graduates can opt for being writer, editor, anchor, journalist, analyst, supervisor, administrator, counselor, managers, etc. Government and private jobs in banks and other financial institutions are also available for graduates. There are very reputed international organizations working in the field of economics where talented students can work and get paid very attractive salary. Not at national level, but at international level the graduates of economics education can choose to study and earn. This degree is highly valued everywhere.