M.Ed in Health Education (Tribhuvan University)
The master of education in health education is a 4 semester course which is conducted over 2 years time span. The faculty of education under Tribhuvan University is responsible for running the day to day administrative work. The health education is taught in a semester format in central campus but this course is conducted in yearly format in the rest of the colleges. In order to make student able to understand the course effectively, the courses has been divided into core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practice and thesis. Apart from fourth semester which is of 12 credit hours, all other courses are of 18 credit hours. In yearly system the total course is of 1000 marks. Each year consist of 500 marks for student to study.
The course is designed with prime objective of making student capable of being competent tutors and teachers. Health education is one of the most important subjects of education. Its importance is not limited to classroom but much more than that. A good health education graduates can play vital role in generating awareness about the health in the family and society.
List of colleges:
The lists of colleges providing M.Ed. in Health Education are as follows:
- Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus, Kaski, Pokhara
- Central Department of Education: Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur
- Palpa Multiple Campus, Palpa
- Sanothimi Campus, Bhaktapur
- Surya Narayana Satya Narayan Marwaita Multiple Campus, Siraha
- Kailali Multiple Campus, Kailali
- Bhairahawa Multiple Campus, Bhaiarahawa, Rupandehi
- Tribhuvan Multiple Campus, Palpa
The fee structure can be known by visiting the website of concerned college.
The M.Ed.in health education has following major objectives:
- To help student generate sufficient knowledge and ideas in plan assessment process, accessing existing information and data related to health, collection of data, and examine the relationship among the different aspects that influence the health and process of health education.
- To develop students into dynamic professional having ability to provide leadership in different sectors related to health and health education and help government achieve its national health objectives.
- To produce highly qualified and efficient health teachers in different teaching levels and also develop personnel having skills and expertise in non academic sectors as well.
- To expose students into wide ranges of social and physical health problems and motivate them to build up the spirit of investigation and creativeness in functioning as a very reliable health professional.
The students willing to join M.Ed. economics education should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from TU or equivalent degree from university recognized by TU.
- The candidates need to have three-year B.Ed. with major Health and Physical Education.
- Student must pass entrance exam by himself for getting admission.
- Entrance exam is taken by Department of Health Education.
- The merit list is then published after the entrance exam.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
The importance of health education is exceptional and very vital to all of us. Due to lack of basic health education, every year thousands of innocent lives perish from the earth. So, heath education is the basic necessity for all. And, the graduates who choose to study health education have a very glittering career prospects. As the health graduates, the candidates are eligible to teach from primary level to tertiary level, from colleges to universities. There are several hospitals, health clinics, nursing homes, heath posts, community health development organizations etc where health education graduates can work in various positions as per their qualification. There are various government agencies, departments, and institutions working in the field of health, where the graduates can get employment. There are plentiful of NGO/ INGO's working in the health sector where the graduates can have good job opportunities in different positions. Not only this, the graduates have very promising career prospects in the developed countries where graduates can enhance knowledge by further study or he/she can start earning by doing job.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.