M.Ed in Science Education (Tribhuvan University)
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Science education is a two year degree program conducted over four semesters in Tribhuvan University by Faculty of Education. In other campuses except central campus, the course is taught by conducting exam at the end of each academic year. In central campus, the exam is taken after every six months. The M.Ed. Science Education has been divided into core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practice and thesis to impart knowledge regarding various aspects of the subject. Each of the first three semesters consists of 18 credit hours while fourth semester is of 12 credit hours. In aggregate, students have to study 66 credit hours. Meanwhile, in yearly system, 1000 marks are allocated that should be studied over 2 years time.
Thecourse envisionsproviding the aspirants the comprehension and proficiency needed to grow as professionally capable Science education teachers and trainers. Science education holds significant place in the education sector and is regarded as one of the first priority of the students. Later on, after the completion of the subject, the hard labor in this subject reciprocates with rewarding career prospects.
List of colleges:
M.Ed. in Science education is offered only in Central Department of Education: Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu
The M.Ed. Science education course is designed to:
- Produce dynamic and influencing educators and trainers having ability to supervise and bring progress in the practice of teaching science education.
- Develop the personality and change thinking mentality in graduates to make them successful teachers, administrator and researcher in the field of science education.
- Help student being capable of analyzing, understanding and evaluating the multi dimensional aspects of science education and suggest changes for the improvement.
- Develop student’s capacity to design and conduct theoretical and applied research in the field of science education independently and in a group.
- Student must have passed with Bachelor's Degree in Education from TU or from university recognized by TU.
- For getting admission in different subjects they need specific qualification of that subject.
- In semester system, passing entrance test is must for admission
- Entrance exam is taken by Department of Science Education.
- The merit list is published after the entrance exam is taken.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
The individual is exposed to large number of career opportunities after the completion of Master of education in science education. There is widespread belief that the graduates will be limited to teaching and class room activities. But, the masters in science education will offer a lot more than that. Teaching is just a part; there is lot of other options for students. One can work as researcher in science related institutes. They can also work in numerous NGO/ INGO's that is established in Nepal in different positions as per their qualification. Not only, there are science magazines, journals, where students can work and earn. Also, students can work as writer, editor, administrator, curriculum developer, freelancer, scientist and many more. Apart from this, science education has great importance in the foreign countries where students can choose to continue their study or can start working. So, master of education in science education is as competitive and valuable as other degree and graduates can work with their head held high.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.