About the Program
Computer Engineering Department of Kathmandu Engineering College (KEC), a TU affiliated private college, is providing Bachelor Level computer engineering since 1999. Computer engineering is the choice of many students and KEC is fulfilling the desire of the students every year. The proper infrastructure facilities, renowned faculties and updated teaching learning activities makes KEC one of the important computer engineering college of the nation.
Technology and information system has revolutionized the world. Internet has become the part of our life. It has become impossible to imagine our life without computers these days. New invention and innovations in the fields of the computers and information system has been creating headlines in the world. This is possible only because of the hard work and creativity of computer professionals. At this scenario, the importance and relevancy of BE computer engineering is increasing every single day. KEC is successful in providing the quality education to the computer engineering students. As a result, the undergraduates of computer engineering from KEC are getting job placement in the Nepal as well as in the developed countries.
Kathmandu Engineering College curriculum of BE computer consists of the subject matter that incorporates the fundamental knowledge of computers as well as the latest developments in the field of computer engineering. In BE computer engineering, apart from mathematics, physics, and chemistry, students will study computer architecture, software engineering, Object oriented analysis; design, microprocessor-based design, systems and applied algorithms. The course is more focused on hardware and software design, microprocessors, object-oriented programming and Artificial Intelligence, etc. All these provisions and facilities make KEC one of the revered colleges for BE computer in Nepal.
Admission in BE computer:
The minimum requirements are as follows:
- +2 science or I.Sc. or Diploma in Engineering with 200 marks mathematics
- 45% in aggregate in intermediate level
- Entrance exam for getting admission in BE computer is conducted by IOE.
- Full marks for entrance: 140 marks, Time for entrance exam: 2 hours
- English: 22 marks, Chemistry: 20 marks, Mathematics: 40 marks, Physics: 40 marks, Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks
- Computer based exam, Objective multiple type questions
- Negative marking of 10% for each wrong answer.
- Merit list is published after the entrance exam.
Every year 88 students get enrolled in 4 year BE computer of Kathmandu Engineering College (KEC).