Bachelor of Business Information System (Kathmandu University)
Bachelor in Business Information System (BBIS) program of Kathmandu University is a 4 year undergraduate program designed to provide knowledge of business management, analyze business related problems and find IT solution for those problems. It is a business and management course integrated with an information technology and information system courses to prepare students for professional careers in information systems, as a systems analyst or an information systems specialist, along with the capability of working in a business environment successfully. This degree provides the basic knowledge of Database Management and Security, Network and Communications, Human Computer Interaction, Principle of e-business and Management Information System.
BBIS is 120 credit hours bachelor degree program spread over eight semesters, in which 45 credits is for foundation courses, 48 credits for core management courses, 30 credit for information system specialization courses and 6 credits for elective courses. During the last semester, students must do their internship in a business, industrial, governmental or non-governmental organization for a minimum period of 6 weeks and submit a report for successful completion of the program.
Colleges offering BBIS under Kathmandu University:
Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM)
Pinchhe Tole, Sasatancha, Balkumari, Lalitpur, Nepal
P.O Box: 6250, Kathmandu, Tel No.: 01-5548891, 01-5006429, Fax: +977-01-5544814, Email: email@example.com
Little Angels’ College of Management (LACM)
Tel: 5250123 Fax: 5250888, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To provide students with strong knowledge and managerial skills for professional careers in various areas of business and information systems technology.
- To introduce students to the modern concepts and techniques of management. and make them familiarize with the use and management of information technologies to improve the business process, promoting electronic commerce.
- To produce competent, dedicated, skilled and professional human resources or entrepreneurs with conceptual and practical skills to start up their career in information systems management or related field and work professionally and successfully.
- To prepare students for higher studies like Masters’ level program in the area of Management and Information Systems or other related field.
- To provide a better and broad understanding, and skills among the students for problem solving and decision making abilities
- To help students in understanding the present-day business and information system related issues and provide them with professional ,social and personal ethics to handle them in a organized way.
- To motivate students and enhance their intellectual abilities improving their communicative and presentation skills.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board) or Proficiency Certificate Level(PCL), or equivalent level certificate from recognized college or universities with minimum 50% in aggregate.
- GCE 'A' level passed with a minimum GPA of 'C' or above
- Applicants must qualify in the KUUMAT (Kathmandu University Undergraduates Management Admission Test), a SAT based exam conducted by Kathmandu University with a minimum pass score.
- Non-Nepali can also apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, along with the completed Application form, the following documents are needed. Application forms can be collected from the KU affiliated colleges.
- Certification of successful performance in KUUMAT as provided by KU.
- Copy of a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent mark sheet.
- Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent transcript.
- Copy of a Migration Certificate (Original during the admission).
- Copy of a Character Certificate.
- Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or valid Passport (For Non-Nepali).
- One self-written essay (Personality Profile)
- Two recommendation letters from principal / teachers of previous school /college.
The BBIS program in KU accepts the credit transfer of the students studying similar program in other college/university only after joining the program. Student must get the prior written approval from the Dean's Office of Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM). The maximum credit that can be transferred is 40 percent of the total credit load necessary for the BBIS program.
Kathmandu University Undergraduate Management Admission Test (KUUMAT) is conducted by Kathmandu University. To get admission into KUMAAT test, applicants are required to contact KUSOM OR, Please contact Little Angels’ College of Management (LACM) for further information.
Course of Study
- English – I
- Mathematics – I
- Financial Accounting – I
- Business Management
- English – II
- Mathematics – II
- Financial Accounting – II
- Information Systems Technology
- Managerial Communication
- Statistics – I
- Computer Programming
- Business Law
- Statistics – II
- Political Science
- Managerial Finance – I
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Quantitative Techniques
- Managerial Finance – II
- Organizational Behavior
- Database Management Systems
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Business Data Communication
- Entrepreneurship & NBF
- International Business
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Web Technology
- Elective – I
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Elective – II
Scope and Career Prospects
BBIS graduates can work as:
- Database Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- IT Consultant
- IT Technical Support Officer
- Programmer and Designer
- Applications Developer
- Network Administrator
- Information Systems Specialist
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.