Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering | Kathmandu University
The Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics is a four-year specialized program provided by the Kathmandu University (KU). However, initially, the program starts as the Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics but it divides into power and control engineering, and communication engineering in the fifth semester. The program is designed to provide students with rigorous knowledge as well as demanding skills in the areas related to power and control with an intensive understanding of system modeling, power quality, engineering, planning, electronics, operation & control. This degree equips students with skills which are essential for engineering design and implementation by letting them do projects throughout the program with varying degree of complexity.
Since this program is continuously restructured and refined, the curriculum may vary every academic session. As of now, the program covers the major courses, such as Engineering Drawing, Basic Circuit Analysis, Communication Skills, Structured Programming, General Chemistry, General Physics, Calculus and Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus, object-Oriented Programming, Introduction to Environmental Engineering etc. Students who choose to specialize in Power and Control have to undertake courses of 36 credit hours, including Project, Solid State Drives, Power Systems II, Control Systems Design and Industrial Management.
List of Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering program under Kathmandu University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
This bachelor level program aims to offer intensive knowledge in electronic and electrical to students. This degree also provides students with expertise that helps them to practice as an engineer.Some of the key objectives of this degree are listed below:
To produce academically sound, confident and creative graduates with entrepreneurial attitude.
To enable students to adapt to ever-evolving technologies and contemporary issues.
To encourage students to act ethically and professionally.
To enable students to work efficiently on multi-disciplinary teams.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Eligibility for Admission:
Applicant interested in pursuing this program must have to complete +2 or any intermediate level with at least fifty percent marks in aggregate. Moreover, applicant must have to score fifty percent in the major subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics subjects.
Applicant must have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the Kathmandu University.
Following is the list of documents, applicant should submit while applying for admission in this degree:-
Attested copy of academic certificate.
Attested copy of provisional certificates.
Duly filled and signed application form.
Recently taken passport size photos.
Note:- The academic year begins in the month of June/ July.
- MATH 101: Calculus and Linear Algebra
- PHYS 101: General Physics I
- CHEM 101: General Chemistry
- COMP 102: Computer Programming
- ENGG 111: Elements of Engineering I
- EDRG 101: Engineering Drawing I
- ENGG 101: Engineering Project Preparation & Workshop
- MATH 104: Advanced Calculus
- PHYS 102: General Physics II
- ENVE 101: Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- COMP 116: Object-Oriented Programming
- ENGG 112: Elements of Â Engineering II
- EDRG 102: Engineering Drawing II
- ENGG 102: Engineering Project
- ENGT 105: Technical Communication
- MATH 207: Differential Equations and Complex Variables
- EEEG 202: Digital Logic
- EEEG 211: Electronics Engineering I
- EEEG 207: Electrical Engineering Materials
- EEEG 213: Network Analysis
- EEEG 217: Digital Electronics Laboratory Work
- EEEG 218: Analog Electronics Laboratory Work
- EEEG 205: Engineering Project
- MATH 208: Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- MCSC 202: Numerical Methods
- EEEG 214: Electronics Engineering II
- EEEG 221: Signals and Systems
- EEEG 215: Electrical Machinery Fundamentals
- EEEG 219: Electrical Machines Laboratory Work
- EEEG 220: Electronics and Analog Filter Design Lab
- EEEG 212: Engineering Project
- MGTS 301: Engineering Economics
- EEEG 309: Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- EEEG 314: Microprocessors
- EPEG 317: Measurement and Instrumentation
- ETEG 320 : Communication System Engineering
- EEEG 306: Instrumentation and Microprocessor Laboratory Work
- ETEG 322: Basic Communications Laboratory Work
- ETEG 313: Engineering Project
- EPEG 301: Power Apparatus and Systems
- EEEG 320: Digital Circuits and Systems design
- ETEG 321: Principles of Biomedical Engineering
- ETEG 305: Digital Signal Processing
- ETEG 323: Biomedical and Signal Processing Laboratory Work
- EEEG 321: Digital Circuits and Systems Laboratory Work
- ETEG 319 : Engineering Project
- ETEG 303: Data Communication Networks
- MGTS 403: Engineering Management
- ETEG 402: Antennas and Propagation
- ETEG 408: Microwave Devices and Systems
- ETEG 422: Optical Fiber Communication
- xxxx xxx: Elective I
- ETEG 403: Communications Laboratory Work
- ETEG 419: Engineering Project
- MGTS 402: Engineering Entrepreneurship
- ETEG 417: Digital Switching and Tele-Traffic Engineering
- ETEG 432: Wireless Communications
- xxxx xxx: Elective II
- ETEG 405: Communications Laboratory Work
- ETEG 435: Engineering Project
- ETEG 436: Industrial Internship
Scope and Career Prospects
Degree holder can think about working in various excellent sectors, including Research Centers, Academic Institutions and Manufacturing Industries. The graduates can also work in Hotels, Power Sector such as Electricity Authorities and Hydro-power stations. Degree holders have option to work as:
Control and Instrumentation Engineer.