Bachelor of Computer Engineering | Pokhara University
Bachelor of Computer Engineering is a four year degree of Pokhara University (PoU). This program is based on the semester system and has been divided into altogether 8 semesters in total. The combination of knowledge and technology has invented a highly specialized and technical field in this sector called as computer engineering. This course consists of technical and non- technical subjects. There are general science subjects as well as core computer subjects. There are elective subjects in sixth, seventh and eighth semesters. In order to give practical touch to the course, there are project work in second, third and fourth year. In the time duration of four year, the aspirants are taught about the software development, networking, system design, digital system, etc. The main aim of the course is to make student familiar with the latest trend in the world of information technology and computer science.
List of Bachelor of Computer Engineering Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Computer Engineering program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology
| 01-5151411, 01-5151704, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Everest Engineering and Management College
| 01-5520742, Gautam Buddha Marg, Kathmandu
- Lumbini Engineering College
| 071-561030, Karahiya, Bhalwari
- NAST(National Academy of Science and Technology)
| +977-91-521312, 091-523949, Uttar Behedi, Dhangadhi
- Nepal College of Information Technology
| 01-5186354 01-5186358, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Nepal Engineering College
| 01- 5221006, Changunarayan, Bhaktapur
- Oxford College of Engineering and Management
| 977-56-501078/977-56-501281, Gaidakot
Objectives of Bachelor of Computer Engineering
The main objectives of the course are as follows:
To develop students into highly skilled and versatile engineer and knowledgeable researcher meeting the competency of 21st century’s info based society.
To produce highly efficient technical manpower having sharp skills and problem solving capacity in the field of computer science correlating the acquired knowledge in development of the nation.
To train students and develop those into capable manpower for solving various problems related to software and hardware, networking, system design, programming, etc. of different multinational organizations and business companies.
To encourage students to carry on further study and continuous professional progress and achievement in the field of computer engineering.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Students must have to pass 10+2 science or I. SC or A- Level or Diploma of Engineering or any equivalent degree from University/ Board/ Institution recognized by Pokhara University with at least second division marks in aggregate.
Entrance exam for Admission:
Entrance exam consists of multiple choice questions which includes the Total questions of 100. The mark division for Physics is 25%, for Chemistry is 15%, for Mathematics is 40%, for English is 20%. Merit list is published which is based on the entrance exam.
- MTH 111: Engineering Mathematics-I
- CHM 103: Chemistry
- CMP 103: Programming in C
- ENG 104: Communication Technique
- MEC 178: Mechanical Workshop
- ELE 105: Basic Electrical Engineering
- MTH 121: Engineering Mathematics-II
- PHY 102: Physics
- MEC 109: Engineering Drawing
- CMP 104: Object Oriented Programming in C++
- MEC 189: Thermal Science
- MEC 119: Applied Mechanics
- MTH 211: Engineering Mathematics-III
- ELX 212: Logic Circuits
- CMP 331: Data Structure and Algorithm
- ELE 215: Network Theory
- ELX 213: Electronic Devices
- ELE 226: Electrical Engineering Material
- MTH 223: Engineering Mathematics-IV
- ELE 221: Instrumentation
- ELX 225: Electronic Circuits
- ELX 226: Microprocessors
- CMP 224: Theory of Computation
- MTH 317: Numerical Methods
- ELX 352: Microprocessor System and Interfacing
- CMP 332: Operating System
- CMP 364: Computer Graphics
- ELX 353: Integrated Digital Electronics
- MTH 212: Probability and Statistics
- CMP 381: Simulation and Modeling
- CMM 362: Data Communication
- CMP 383: Database Management System
- CMP 388: Object Oriented Software Engineering
- PRJ 300: Minor Project
- MNG 410: Engineering Economics
- CMP 472: Computer Architecture
- ELX 482: Digital Signal Processing
- CMP 474: Computer Network
- : Elective-I
- MNG 411: Organization and Management
- CMP 421: Artificial Intelligence
- CMP 481: Image Processing & Pattern Recognition
- PRJ 400: Project Work
- : Elective-II
Scope and Career Prospects
The computers and machineries have become one of the trusted friends of humans in this century. Today’s humans cannot imagine their life without computers. This has become necessities, compassion and has taken the center stage as a true friend. So, the students who have chosen computer study as their career paths should not regret. They have a decent career waiting after the study. Computer engineers are essentially needed in all areas. Industry, government sector, education sector, banking, multinational sectors, NGOs, INGOs, health, etc. are different sectors where the graduates can work and earn good salary. The graduates serve as application developers, systems analysts, network administrators, software engineers and database administrators, and many more. The graduates have very glittering career opportunities in the developed countries where they can flourish to fullest. Not only this, they can also work as the academician sharing the acquired knowledge with other junior students.