Bachelor of Computer Information System | Pokhara University
Bachelor of Computer Information System (BCIS) is a four-year academic program which is based on semester system. The main purpose of this course is to present both theoretical foundation and handy learning in computer data system and IT. BCIS offered by Pokhara University (PoU) has been introduced to offer the candidates a chance to gain the essential ideas. Graduates from IT.BCIS certificate in hand are capable of making their future thriving in this competitive market.
List of Bachelor of Computer Information System Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Computer Information System program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
- Apex College
| 01-4467922, 4478841, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Crimson College of Technology
| 071-410380, Devinagar, Butwal
- Gandaki College of Engineering and Science
| 061-440866, Lamachaur, Pokhara
- Medhavi College
| 01-4782634, Shankhamul, Kathmandu
- Nobel College
| 01-4110525, 01-4110590, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Objectives of Bachelor of Computer Information System
The goal of this program is to produce graduates who are capable of developing, assessing & maintaining scientific business computing systems. This program also focuses on creating graduates who are able to continue ethical practice and learning in computing sector.
Learn latest technology, trends and adapt to the newest software and systems.
Work in an ethically and professionally responsible manner.
Decode intricate computational issues using suitable techniques, models & abstractions.
Work effectively and efficiently as a team to develop suitable computer-based systems.
A comprehension of processes that uphold the management and delivery of information systems in a particular application environment.
A capability of using new tools, skills and techniques require for computing practice.
An insight into the legal, ethical, security, social & professional problems and responsibilities.
An ability to identify a problem along with analyzing and defining the computing necessities suitable to its solution.
An ability to work as a team to achieve a common goal.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Computer Information System
Interested aspirants must have to pass intermediate or equivalent level in Science stream in order to be eligible for this course. They must have to obtain at least second division.
- ENG 101: English I
- MTH 103: Mathematics I
- PSY 101: General Psychology
- ECO 101: Introductory Microeconomics
- MGT 111: Principles of Management
- CMP 161: Programming Language
- ENG 102: English II
- MTH 104: Mathematics II
- ECO 201: Introductory Macroeconomics
- CMP 162: Digital Systems
- CMP 163: Object Oriented Language (Java)
- STT 101: Business Statistics
- CMP 264: Numerical Methods
- CMP 261: System Analysis and Design
- SOC 101: Fundamental of Sociology
- CMP 263: Computer Architecture and Microprocessor
- STT 201: Data Analysis and Modeling
- ACC 121: Financial Accounting II
- CMP 262: Database Management System
- MGT 211: Fundamental of Organizational Behavior
- CMP 265: Internet Technology (Web Programming)
- PRJ 291: Minor Project I
- FIN 131: Essential of Finance
- CMP 266: Operating System
- CMP 267: Data Communication and Networks
- CMP 268: Mobile Computing (Programming)
- MGT 314: Management of Human Resources
- LAW 291: Legal Aspects of Business and Technology
- MGT 311: Fundamentals of Operations Management
- CMP 361: Electronic Commerce (Programming)
- CMP 362: Computer Graphics and Image Processing
- MKT 241: Principles of Marketing
- PRJ 392: Minor Project II
- RCH 311: Business Research Methods
- CMP 363: Information System Security
- CMP 364: IT Project Management
- INT 393: Internship
- : Elective I
- : Elective II
- MGT 412: Strategic Management
- CMP 365: Digital Economy
- PRJ 493: Major Project
Scope and Career Prospects
From the time when organizations started, computer information systems have been essential resources in different organizations and associations. People with expertise in this field will have the great scope for their career or job opportunity. Candidates will have a great chance to have senior-level positions after they have picked up sufficient measures of experience.
A number of organizations nowadays extremely depend on the design management and implementation of information technology. As a BCIS graduates, an individual will possess aptitude and skills needed to cope with competitions. Graduates, after this program, will be fit for the following positions:
IT technical support officer
Information systems manager