Bachelor of Hotel Management | Pokhara University
The Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) offered at Pokhara University (PoU) is a four years academic program that prepares graduates to enter into the field of hospitality and tourism industry as managers, leaders and entrepreneurs with a strategic approach to business. This program integrates management theory with the blend of hospitality courses and internships.
This course is based on the semester system and has been divided into eight semesters. In the summation of eight semesters, there are 122 credits in total. It comprises of thirty-five courses including a project work & reporting. In the seventh semester, students will get the opportunity to do the internship. Business Communication, Production, Business Mathematics, Accommodation Operations, English, Tourism and Hospitality, Rooms Division management, Business Statistics, Computer Applications, Beverage agent etc. are some of the main courses, students have to undertake while studying BHM.
List of Bachelor of Hotel Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Hotel Management program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
- Apollo International College
| 01-4474845, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Atharva Business College
| +977-1-4372966, Bansbari, Kathmandu
- Axis College
| +977-71-438350, 438350, 9800787571, Sukkhanagar , Butwal
- Crescent Hotel Management College
| 977-091-526108, Santoshi tole, Dhangadhi
- Liberty College
| 01-4222612, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Medhavi College
| 01-4782634, Shankhamul, Kathmandu
- Milestone International College
| 01-5186660, 5186382, 5186188, Balkumari, Lalitpur
Objectives of Bachelor of Hotel Management
Some of the key objectives of BHM program are listed below:
To equip students with intensive theoretical knowledge and practice skills in the field of hotel management.
To enhance student's communication skills, decision-making ability and critical thinking.
To improve the entrepreneurial skills of the students.
To provide students with strong foundation to pursue further education.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Hotel Management
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
Candidates interested in pursuing BHM must have to complete +2 or any intermediate level equivalent to +2 from any colleges recognized by Pokhara University.
Candidates must have to obtain at least 45% or 2.00 CGPA in the final exam of +2 or in any equivalent level.
Admission opens in the month of August every year. Candidates must have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the Pokhara University and then face the personal interview.
Required Documents for Admission:
Duly filled and signed application form.
Official certificates of SLC and +2 or of any equivalent level.
Two recent PP size photographs.
Selection is made on the basis of candidate’s past academic performance, score obtained in the entrance test, performance in interviews & group discussion.
- Fundamental of Tourism and Hospitality
- Food Production and Patisserie I (Theory)
- Food Production and Patisserie I (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service I (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service I (Practical)
- Accommodation Operation I (Theory)
- Accommodation Operation I (Practical)
- English I
- Food Productions and Patisserie II (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie II (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service II (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service II (Practical)
- Accommodation Operation II (Theory)
- Accommodation Operation II (Practical)
- Principles of Management
- English II
- Food Productions and Patisserie III (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie III (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service III (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service III (Practical)
- Rooms Division Management I (Theory)
- Rooms Division Management I (Practical)
- Food Hygienic and Nutrition
- Basic Mathematics
- Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service IV (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service IV (Practical)
- Rooms Division Management II (Theory)
- Rooms Division Management II (Practical)
- Hospitality Accounting I
- Introduction to Management Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Sociology
- General Psychology
- Hospitality Accounting II
- Business Communication for the Hotel Industry
- Specialization 1-Advanced Food and Beverage Management
- Specialization 1-Advanced Accommodation Operations Management
- Hospitality Human Resources Management
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Tourism Economics
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Specialization 2- Advance Food Production Management
- Specialization 2-Advance Room Division Management
- Business Research Methods
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Marketing
- Tourism Business Environment
- Strategic Management
- Project Work
Scope and Career Prospects
Nepal is filled with beautiful natural landscapes, traditional cultures, attractive temples along with the pleasing weather is a perfect hub for International tourist. Tourism industry is one of the most earning industries In Nepal; making it economic backbone of the country. Therefore, a career in service providing sector mostly in the hospitality industry is rewarding and satisfying. Caterings, banks, institutional management, guest houses, forest lodges, hotel associations, hospital administration and airline cabin are some of the leading recruiters of this degree holder. An individual with this degree can work as:
Public House Manager