Bachelor of Hotel Management : Pokhara University
The Bachelor of Management (BHM) offered at Pokhara University is a four years academic program that prepares pupils to enter the hospitality and tourism industry as managers, leaders and entrepreneurs with a strategic approach to business. The program integrates management theory with hospitality courses and internships. It is divided into eight semesters of six months each. Altogether there are 122 credits. It comprises of thirty-five courses including a project work & reporting. In the seventh semester, students get the opportunity to do the internship. Business Communication, Food Production, Business Mathematics, Accommodation Operations, Food and Beverage Services, English, Tourism and Hospitality, Rooms Division management, Business Statistics, Computer Applications, Food and Beverage Man agent etc. are some of the courses, students have to undertake while studying BHM.
Colleges affiliated with Pokhara University offering Bachelor of Hotel Management program in Nepal:
Five colleges affiliated with Pokhara University that are offering BHM degree:
Quest International College, located in Balkumari, Lalitpur.
Crescent Hotel Management College, located in Dhangadi, Santoshi Tole, Kailali.
Nepal Tourism and Hotel Management College, located in Pokhara, Kaski.
Milestone International College, located in Balkumari, Lalitpur.
Ritz Hospitality Management College, located Balkumari, Lalitpur.
List of Bachelor of Hotel Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Hotel Management programs:
- Apollo International College
01-4474845, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Atharva Business College
- Axis College
+977-71-438350, 438350, 9800787571, Sukkhanagar , Butwal
- Crescent Hotel Management College
977-091-526108, Santoshi tole, Dhangadhi
- Liberty College
01-4222612, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Medhavi College
01-4782634, Shankhamul, Kathmandu
- Nepal Tourism And Hotel Management College
977-61-432333/ 431678, Chinedada, Pokhara
- Platinum Management College
01-4420928, 01-4418046, Dillibazar, Kathmandu
- Quest International College
01-5547669, 01-5521950, Gwarko, Lalitpur
- Rajdhani Model College
01-4471162, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Ritz Hospitality Management College
01-5186188, 5186183, 5186660, Balkumari, Lalitpur
Some of the objectives of Bachelor of Hotel Management program are listed below:
To equip students with intensive theoretical knowledge and practice skills in the field of hotel management.
To enhance student's communication skills, decision-making ability and critical thinking.
To develop pupils entrepreneurial skills.
To provide students with strong foundation to pursue further education.
Students interested in pursuing BHM should have completed +2 or intermediate level, acquiring at least 45% or 2.0 CGPA. Admission opens in the month of August every year. Candidates should appear in the entrance test conducted by the university and then face the personal interview.
Duly filled and signed application form.
Official certificates of SLC and +2.
Two recent PP size photos.
Selection is made on the basis of candidates' past academic performance, entrance test scores and performance in interviews & group discussion.
Course of Study
- Fundamental of Tourism and Hospitality
- Food Production and Patisserie I (Theory)
- Food Production and Patisserie I (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service I (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service I (Practical)
- Accommodation Operation I (Theory)
- Accommodation Operation I (Practical)
- English I
- Food Productions and Patisserie II (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie II (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service II (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service II (Practical)
- Accommodation Operation II (Theory)
- Accommodation Operation II (Practical)
- Principles of Management
- English II
- Food Productions and Patisserie III (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie III (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service III (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service III (Practical)
- Rooms Division Management I (Theory)
- Rooms Division Management I (Practical)
- Food Hygienic and Nutrition
- Basic Mathematics
- Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Theory)
- Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Practical)
- Food and Beverage Service IV (Theory)
- Food and Beverage Service IV (Practical)
- Rooms Division Management II (Theory)
- Rooms Division Management II (Practical)
- Hospitality Accounting I
- Introduction to Management Information Systems
- Fundamentals of Sociology
- General Psychology
- Hospitality Accounting II
- Business Communication for the Hotel Industry
- Specialization 1-Advanced Food and Beverage Management
- Specialization 1-Advanced Accommodation Operations Management
- Hospitality Human Resources Management
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Tourism Economics
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Specialization 2- Advance Food Production Management
- Specialization 2-Advance Room Division Management
- Business Research Methods
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Marketing
- Tourism Business Environment
- Strategic Management
- Project Work
Scope and Career Prospects
Nepal with its beautiful landscapes, cultures, tradition, great hotels & restaurants and the year-long pleasing weather is a tourists' delight, making tourism a major source of income. Thus, a career in service industry particularly in the hospitality industry is rewarding and satisfying here. Hotel and catering institutes, catering departments of armed forces, banks, institutional management, guest houses, forest lodges, hotel and tourism associations, hospital administration and catering, airline catering and cabin services are some of the prime recruiters of this degree holder. An individual with this degree can work as:
Public House Manager
Fast Food Restaurant Manager