Bachelor of Hotel Management | Pokhara University
The Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) offered at Pokhara University (PoU) is a four years academic program that prepares graduates to enter into the field of hospitality and tourism industry as managers, leaders and entrepreneurs with a strategic approach to business. This program integrates management theory with the blend of hospitality courses and internships.
This course is based on the semester system and has been divided into eight semesters. In the summation of eight semesters, there are 122 credits in total. It comprises of thirty-five courses including a project work & reporting. In the seventh semester, students will get the opportunity to do the internship. Business Communication, Production, Business Mathematics, Accommodation Operations, English, Tourism and Hospitality, Rooms Division management, Business Statistics, Computer Applications, Beverage agent etc. are some of the main courses, students have to undertake while studying BHM.
List of Bachelor of Hotel Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Hotel Management program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
- Apollo International College
| 01-4474845, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Atharva Business College
| +977-1-4372966, Bansbari, Kathmandu
- Axis College
| +977-71-438350, 438350, 9800787571, Sukkhanagar , Butwal
- Crescent Hotel Management College
| 977-091-526108, Santoshi tole, Dhangadhi
- Liberty College
| 01-4222612, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Medhavi College
| 01-4782634, Shankhamul, Kathmandu
- Milestone International College
| 01-5186660, 5186382, 5186188, Balkumari, Lalitpur
Objectives of Bachelor of Hotel Management
Some of the key objectives of BHM program are listed below:
To equip students with intensive theoretical knowledge and practice skills in the field of hotel management.
To enhance student's communication skills, decision-making ability and critical thinking.
To improve the entrepreneurial skills of the students.
To provide students with strong foundation to pursue further education.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Hotel Management
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
Candidates interested in pursuing BHM must have to complete +2 or any intermediate level equivalent to +2 from any colleges recognized by Pokhara University.
Candidates must have to obtain at least 45% or 2.00 CGPA in the final exam of +2 or in any equivalent level.
Admission opens in the month of August every year. Candidates must have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the Pokhara University and then face the personal interview.
Required Documents for Admission:
Duly filled and signed application form.
Official certificates of SLC and +2 or of any equivalent level.
Two recent PP size photographs.
Selection is made on the basis of candidate’s past academic performance, score obtained in the entrance test, performance in interviews & group discussion.
- THS 161: Fundamental of Tourism and Hospitality
- FNB 171: Food Production and Patisserie I (Theory)
- FNB191 : Food Production and Patisserie I (Practical)
- FNB172: Food and Beverage Service I (Theory)
- FNB192: Food and Beverage Service I (Practical)
- RDM 181: Accommodation Operation I (Theory)
- RDM 191: Accommodation Operation I (Practical)
- ENG 101: English I
- FNB 174: Food Productions and Patisserie II (Theory)
- FNB 194: Food Productions and Patisserie II (Practical)
- FNB 175: Food and Beverage Service II (Theory)
- FNB 195: Food and Beverage Service II (Practical)
- RDM 183: Accommodation Operation II (Theory)
- RDM 193: Accommodation Operation II (Practical)
- MGT 111: Principles of Management
- ENG 102: English II
- FNB 271: Food Productions and Patisserie III (Theory)
- FNB 291: Food Productions and Patisserie III (Practical)
- FNB 272: Food and Beverage Service III (Theory)
- FNB 292: Food and Beverage Service III (Practical)
- RDM 281: Rooms Division Management I (Theory)
- RDM 291: Rooms Division Management I (Practical)
- FHN 191: Food Hygienic and Nutrition
- MTH 105: Basic Mathematics
- FNB 274: Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Theory)
- FNB 294: Food Productions and Patisserie IV (Practical)
- FNB 275: Food and Beverage Service IV (Theory)
- FNB 295: Food and Beverage Service IV (Practical)
- RDM 283: Rooms Division Management II (Theory)
- RDM 293: Rooms Division Management II (Practical)
- ACC 125: Hospitality Accounting I
- MIS 201: Introduction to Management Information Systems
- SOC 101: Fundamentals of Sociology
- PSY 101: General Psychology
- ACC 126: Hospitality Accounting II
- ENG 204: Business Communication for the Hotel Industry
- FNB 371: Specialization 1-Advanced Food and Beverage Management
- RDM 381: Specialization 1-Advanced Accommodation Operations Management
- HRM 153: Hospitality Human Resources Management
- STT 105: Fundamentals of Statistics
- ECO 105: Tourism Economics
- FIN 133: Fundamentals of Financial Management
- FNB 372: Specialization 2- Advance Food Production Management
- RDM 382: Specialization 2-Advance Room Division Management
- RCH 311: Business Research Methods
- MGT 312: Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- MKT143: Hospitality Marketing
- MGT 216: Tourism Business Environment
- MGT 412: Strategic Management
- PRJ 494: Project Work
Scope and Career Prospects
Nepal is filled with beautiful natural landscapes, traditional cultures, attractive temples along with the pleasing weather is a perfect hub for International tourist. Tourism industry is one of the most earning industries In Nepal; making it economic backbone of the country. Therefore, a career in service providing sector mostly in the hospitality industry is rewarding and satisfying. Caterings, banks, institutional management, guest houses, forest lodges, hotel associations, hospital administration and airline cabin are some of the leading recruiters of this degree holder. An individual with this degree can work as:
Public House Manager