Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management | Purbanchal University
Purbanchal University provides a bachelor's degree in the field of Service Industry; named as "Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management". The total duration of the course is 4 years (8 semesters) which comprises of total 144 credit hours.
This course is designed typically for the students who wish to pursue career in the service industry. The curriculum of this course is composed to teach students various aspects of hotel and restaurant. Moreover, the program provides the techniques and concepts related to food preparation, global marketing, restaurant operation etc.
Colleges affiliated with Purbanchal University offering Bachelors of Hotel and Catering Management:
Kantipur Hotel Management and Interior Design College situated in Kathmandu district.
Gateway College for Profes ional Studies situated in Kathmandu district.
Morgan International College situated in Kathmandu district.
South Asian School of Tourism and Hotel Management situated in Morang district.
White House School of Hotel Management situated in Lalitpur district.
Asian Institute of Technology and Management (AITM) situated in Lalitpur district.
List of Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management program under Purbanchal University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management
Goals of Bachelors of Hotel and Catering Management degree are listed below:
Provides students with theoretical concepts and practical training in the related field.
Make them capable to handle the departments in hospitality industry.
Make them able to become successful managers and entrepreneurs in the related industries.
Improve their communication skills required in this industry.
Prepare students for the job market so that they can have a bright future ahead.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management
Candidates must have passed higher secondary examinations in any stream from a recognized board or university. Further, candidates have to take entrance exam, conducted by Purbanchal University.
Students applying for the program are evaluated on the basis of their academic achievements and entrance examination. Then the selected candidates are called for a personal interview in the respective colleges and final selection is made.
There are no prerequisites required for this program.
Bachelor of Hotel and Catering Management Syllabus
- 108: Communication Skill in English
- 109: Principles of Management
- 110: Tourism and Hospitality
- 111: Food Production-I
- 112: Food and Beverage Service-I
- 113: Front Office Operation
- 208: Economics of Tourism
- 209: Tourism Resources of Nepal
- 210: Food Safety and Quality Management
- 211: Food Production-II
- 212: Foof and Beverage Service-II
- 213: Front Office Management
- 308: Human Resource Management
- 309: Hospitality French
- 310: Food Science and Nutrition
- 311: Food Production-III
- 312: Food And Beverage Service-III
- 313: House Keeping Operation-I
- 408: Hospitality Law
- 409: Hotel Accounting
- 410: Catering Mangament
- 411: Food Production-IV
- 412: Food Service Management
- 413: House Keeping Operation-II
- 508: Statistics
- 509: Hospitality Service Marketing
- 510: Hotel Engineering and Maintenance
- 511: Bakery and Confectionary
- 512: Food and Beverage Cost Control
- 513: Events and Banquet Management
- 514: Customer Safety and Security
- 608: Research Methodology
- 609: Entrepreneurship Development
- 610: Consumer Behavior and Psychology
- 611: Recreation Management
- 612: Professional Seminar in Hospitality
- 613: Bar & Beverage Management
- 614: Brand Management in Hospitality
- 708: Industrial Training/Report Writing
- : Internship/Report Writing
Scope and Career Prospects
The hospitality industry is among the fastest growing industries and is regarded as one of the dynamic and captivating fields. Due to which a huge number of students are interested to pursue education in this field. Studying this course opens up many career opportunities. Students who hold a degree in Hotel Management and Catering are widely accepted in many sectors of the related field.
In the context of Nepal, the hotel and catering industry is booming and creating lucrative jobs opportunities for the skilled graduates. An individual with this degree can work as:
Public house manager
Fast food restaurant manager