Bachelor of Public Health | Purbanchal University
Purbanchal University (P.U) offers BPH program which can be completed within three years. The program comprises of twenty-one courses. In the 2nd and 3rd year, students have to undertake domestic and concurrent information gathering fieldwork. In order to successfully complete the program, students must have to undertake courses such as Food and Nutrition, Public as well as secondary Health Care, Community Development, Laboratory Science I and II, Fundamentals of Epidemiology, Bio-Statistics and Computer Application, Applied Sciences and First Aid, Community Diagnosis, Introductory Education etc.
BPH is basically the mixture of subjects like Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology and Anthropology This degree provides students with strong theoretical knowledge and practical skills in this sector, and prepares them to pursue their careers in different sectors such as public sector, environmental sector, nutritionist and epidemiology. This program mainly focuses to promote the wellbeing of public preventing them from the diseases by disease control strategies. Bachelor of Public Health (BPH) provides students with a solid foundation in an array of disciplines like medicine, nutrition, primary care and nursing. The program allows students to broaden their knowledge and skills. It aims to produce professional specialists with the high level managerial as well as technical skills.
List of Bachelor of Public Health Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Public Health program under Purbanchal University in Nepal.
- Asian College of Advance Studies
| 01-5540183/01-5530656, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- HOPE International College
| 01-5151867/01-5151936, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Karnali College of Health Sciences
| 01-4470205, 01-4470906, gaushala, Kathmandu
- KOSHI HEALTH AND SCIENCE CAMPUS PVT. LTD.
| 977-21-527616, 532911, Biratnagar
- Little Buddha College of Health Sciences
| 01-4784458, 01-4784459, Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- Om Health Campus
| 977-1-4822451, 4812453, 4823529, Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Sanjeevani College of Medical Sciences
| 071-438654, 437092, Kalikanagar, Butwal
Objectives of Bachelor of Public Health
The aim of this BPH program is to equip students with in-depth knowledge and practical skills needed to deliver qualitative services. Some of the major objectives which this course focuses at are listed below as follow:
To enable students to design, analyze and evaluate applied public science research and management.
To provide students with theoretical knowledge along with practical training.
Develop vocational skills of professional through intensive education.
To enable students to understand principles and practices.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Public Health
Eligibility for Admission:
The candidates willing to join BPH must follow certain criteria:
Students must have to complete their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board) or I.SC from Physical or Biological group in Science with a minimum of 50% in aggregate or at least grade C in three subjects in the Advance Level from any Board/University recognized by P.U.
Students should follow all the application procedure that should be done before sitting for entrance examination otherwise candidate can’t sit in the examination.
The application form can be directly given to the public from the reception of the affiliated College/Campus or it is available to download for the public from the affiliated College/Campus websites for the admission process.
The filled in application form, along with the photocopy of the mark sheets and stated cash amount or payable deposit slip in name or account of the affiliated College should be submitted before the due date.
The applicants must appear in the entrance exam conducted by the affiliated college and pass the exam compulsory.
The merit list of the applicants is published after the entrance examination.
Required Documents for the admission:
Attested copies of mark sheets and character certificate of SLC and 10+2 or PCL equivalent.
4 copies of PP size photographs.
Certificate of Medical Examination Report.
Duly filled application form of admission.
Bachelor of Public Health Syllabus
Below is the detailed P.U (Purb) Bachelor of Public Health Syllabus.
- Anatomy and Physiology Theory +practical
- Pathophysiology, First Aid and Safety
- Biochemistry and Immunology
- Microbiology, Parasitology, Bacteriology & Virology
- Medical Entomology and Rodentology
- Professional English
- Introduction to Public Health
- Basic Epidimology
- Basic Food and Nutrition
- Biostatistics and Computer Application
- Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Environmental Health and Ecosystem
- Family Health, Maternal and Child Health
- Population Studies and Family Planning
- Fundamentals of Health Education
- Primary Health Care and International Health
- Community Health Organization and Development
- Medical Sociology and Anthropology
- Applied Environmental and Occupational Health
- Applied Epidemiology
- Applied Biostatistics
- Applied Public Health Nutrition
- School Health and Oral Health
- Reproductive Health and Gender
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Applied Health Education
- Mental Health and Behavioral Science
- Community Health Diagnosis
- Health Service Management in Nepal
- Public Health Administration and Management
- Biodiversity, Climate Change and Health
- Training & Curriculum Development
- Health Economics and Health Financing
- Public Health Research
- Urban Health, Public Health Engineering and Disaster Management
- Logistic Management and Software Application
- Practical Skill Development (Comprehensive Public Health Management Field Practice)
- National Health Policy and Plan
- Human Resource for Health
- Project Management
- Public Health Research Report
Scope and Career Prospects
Once you obtain the degree of this course from P.U, you are exposed to wide range of jobs. You can work at governmental or nongovernmental job, private or public sector. You can also pursue your further higher studies after the completion of BPH in your home country or you can travel to abroad. Some of the jobs you can choose to work are as follows:
In local government or NGO/INGO.
Educator to teach people about care and safety.
Epidemiologist in Universities & Laboratories.
Infection Control Officer.
Project Manager to oversee services and facilities.