B.Ed in Information Communication Technology | Tribhuvan University
Bachelor of Education in Information Communication Technology (B.Ed ICT) is an undergraduate program offered by Tribhuvan University, under the faculty of Education. It is a 3 year semester based program spreading over 9 semesters covering a total of 138 credit hours, that includes 12 credit hours for communication skills courses, 24 credit hours for educational core courses, 60 credit hours for specialization major subjects, 30 credit hours for minor subjects and 9 credit hours for teaching internship/practicum.
B.Ed program in ICT Education is a bachelor degree program introduced to make students familiar with the modern education systems and computer science, along with the use of ICT focusing on the subjects like Information Technology, C/C++ Programming, Psychology, Fundamental & Technology in Education, Java Programming Language, Database Management System, Data Communication, and Artificial Intelligence.
List of B.Ed in Information Communication Technology Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for B.Ed in Information Communication Technology program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
- Aadikavi BhanuBhakta Campus
| 065-560096, Bigyan Chaur, Damauli, Tanahau
- Balkumari College
| 056533205, 056526527, Narayangadh, Bharatpur
- Butwal Multiple Campus
| 071-542834, 540134, Butwal
- Dadeldhura Campus
| 96-420189 ,
- Hanumanteswor Campus
| 049-429161, Charikot, Dolakha
- Jana Maitri Foundation Institute of Medical Science
| 01-4366301,4366302, Balaju, Kathmandu
- JANAJYOTI MULTIPLE CAMPUS SARLAHI
| 046-501436046- 501550, Sarlahi
Objectives of B.Ed in Information Communication Technology
To prepare students for higher studies like Masters’ level program in the area of Education, ICT or other related field
B.Ed ICT provide students with a better and extensive learning about Computer Science and Information Communication Technology concepts like Programming, Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Management Information System, Data structures, Computer Graphics, Cyber law, Artificial intelligence and other ICT related subjects.
Bachelor of Education in ICT provide theoretical knowledge to the students to build up a deeper understanding and familiarize them with the practical tools and techniques used in the development of computer systems software and technology.
B.Ed ICT prepare successful ICT graduates to build their career in their interested field or ICT related field such as a Computer Teacher in Higher Level, Software Application Developer, System Administrator, Web Programmer, Database Administrator, Web Developer, Network Administrator, etc.
To develop proficient and passionate human resources outfitted with information technology skills, both qualitative and quantitative for application in the development of education sector
Bachelor of Education in ICT help students to improve their intellectual and analytical abilities, decision making, leadership to carry out, analyze and execute plans and policies for the overall development of education sector using the ideas of information technology
Admission Requirements in B.Ed in Information Communication Technology
Eligibility for Admission:
Students must have completed their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board), or equivalent level certificate with a minimum of 45% in aggregate or at least grade D in three subjects in the Advance Level from any Board/University recognized by TU.
The application form can be directly collected from the reception of the affiliated Campus or can be downloaded on the dates prescribed by the affiliated Campus for the admission process.
The filled in application form, along with the photocopy of the mark sheets and stated cash amount or payable deposit slip in name or account of the affiliated Campus should be submitted before the due date as mentioned in the calendar of events to the affiliated Campus.
Candidates will be shortlisted after the form processing and shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a personal interview.
The following documents should be submitted during the admission:
1. Copy of a Character Certificate
2. Copy of a Secondary Education Examination (SEE) or equivalent mark sheet
3. Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent transcript
4. Migration Certificate
5. One color stamp size photographs for the ID Card and two color passport size photographs for the campus Records
6. Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or Passport (For Foreign Students only)
Note: Managements decision on Admissions will be final.
B.Ed in Information Communication Technology Syllabus
- : English Lanugage I
- : Nepali Language I
- : Fundamenal of Education
- : Introduction of Information Technology I
- : Programming Concept with C-II
- : Specialization Minor: I
- : English Language II
- : Nepali Language II
- : Social Perspective in Education
- : Object Oriented programming with C III
- : Digital Logic IV
- : Specialization Minor: II
- : Developmental Psychology
- : Data Structure and Algorithm V
- : Microprocessor and Computer Organization VI
- : Web Technology VII
- : Specialization Minor III
- : ICT in Education
- : Psychology of Learning
- : Operating System VIII
- : Database Management System IX
- : System Analysis and Design X
- : Specialization Minor IV, V
- : Basic of Curriculum
- : Java programming language XI
- : Data communication and Networks XII
- : Software engineering and Project management XIII
- : Specialization Minor VI
- : Assessment and Evaluation of Learning
- : Visual Programming XIV
- : Computer Graphics XV
- : E-learning & ICT educational Pedagogy VI
- : Specialization Minor VII
- : Pedagogy and inclusive Education
- : Network Security XVII
- : Artificial Intelligence in Education XVIII
- : Specialization Minor: VIII, IX
- : Basic statics and Research in Education
- : Technology in Education XIX
- : Educational project XX
- : Elective Paper, Network Administration
Scope and Career Prospects