Master of Business Studies | Tribhuvan University
Master of Business Studies (MBS) is a two year (four semester) program of Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University. This is one of the most sought degrees in Nepal and every year large number of students gets enrolled in this program. The courses structure of the MBS has been divided into core courses, specialization and thesis writing for giving students comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter from different perspectives. Moreover, the course also aims to make students up to date with the modern practices and changes in the field of business studies. The course is designed in order to develop skills in students for being able to take higher level managerial position in private and public sectors.
List of Master of Business Studies Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Master of Business Studies program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
- Aadikavi BhanuBhakta Campus
| 065-560096, Bigyan Chaur, Damauli, Tanahau
- Ambition college
| 01-4463079,4460442,4470880, mid baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Balkumari College
| 056533205, 056526527, Narayangadh, Bharatpur
- Baneshwor Campus
| 4620310, 4620332, Shantinagar, Kathmandu
- Bhairahawa Multiple(Bahumukhi) Campus
| 977-71-520205, Shanti nagar, Bhairahawa
- Bhaktapur Multiple Campus
| 01-6610200 / 6613199, Doodhpati, Bhaktapur
- Birendra Memorial College
| +977-25-527320, Sunsari, Dharan
Objectives of Master of Business Studies
The main objectives of Master of Business Studies course of Tribhuvan University are as follows:
The course aims to provide solid foundation of conceptual and theoretical knowledge of management and business, its functions and areas combined with technical knowledge and applications along with good communication skills.
The course aims to impart students willing to enter in the business field, the necessary knowledge and ideas of business and business world.
MBA aims to develop the capacity in students to use business studies knowledge in practice and obtain analytical and visionary skills to make conversant decisions while dealing with wide range of management issues.
It aims to develop research skills in students and motivate students in the lifelong learning and professional development in the field of management and business studies.
Admission Requirements in Master of Business Studies
Students who have passed BBS from Tribhuvan University or any university recognized by TU is eligible for MBS program. OR
Students from any stream who have passed Bachelor Degree from Tribhuvan University or University recognized by TU are eligible.
Students joining MBS program in Tribhuvan University or educational institutions affiliated to TU should pass entrance exam.
The Faculty of Management (FoM) under Tribhuvan University conducts Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) for the MBS level entrance exam.
The test carries full marks: 100 and time duration: 90 minutes
Total question: 100
Verbal Ability: 20 marks, Quantitative Technique: 20 marks Logically Answering: 20 marks, General Knowledge: 20 and Business and economics: 20 marks.
Merit list is published after the entrance exam and admission is done as per the merit list published.
Master of Business Studies Syllabus
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics
- Statistical Methods
- Organizational Behavior
- Managerial Communication
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Accountancy
- Business Environment
- Accounting for Financial and Managerial Decision and Control
- Research Methodology
- International Business
- Elective: Financial Derivatives and Market
- Elective: Corporate Finance
- Elective: Corporate Taxation
- Elective: Cost Management
- Elective: Recent Trends in Management
- Elective: Organizational Theory
- Elective: Advertising and Promotion Management
- Elective: Rural Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Elective: Financial Markets and Institutions
- Elective: International Financial Management
- Elective: Investment Management
- Elective: Insurance: Theory and Practice
- Elective: Commercial Bank Management: Theory and Practice
- Elective: Consumer Behavior
- Elective: International Marketing
- Elective: Brand Management
- Elective: Sales Management
- Elective: Retail Management
- Elective: Services Marketing
- Eelective: Contemporary Auditing
- Elective: Accounting Theory and Financial Reporting
- Eelective: Management Control Systems
- Elective: Balance Scorecard: A Tool for Performance Measurement
- Elective: Organizational Development and Change
- Elective: Quality Management
- Elective: Performance Management
- Elective: Leadership and Communication
- Elective: Dissertation
Scope and Career Prospects
Good managers are treasure to every organization in this business oriented world. Business is one of the key aspects of human civilization. A good management and knowledge of business studies is required to run any organization efficiently. In this scenario, MBS graduates having knowledge of business studies have very lucrative career prospects. In fact business is that field which provides you name, fame, money and power. MBS graduates can work in various positions like business managers, administrator, accountant, financial officers, marketing officers, analyst etc. in banks, small and big corporate houses, hospitals and hotels, factories and industries, schools and universities, etc. Every year large numbers graduates are hired by these organizations as per their academic and professional qualifications. You can also get jobs as writer, teacher, academician, researcher, editor, journalist, etc. concerned with business. There is also scope to be university lecturer, government officer, business adviser, director, etc. after the graduation. This degree has good scope in the developed countries where graduates have dual opportunity to learn and earn.