Bachelor of Computer Application, BCA, TU
014240005, Putalisadak Kathmandu
Duration: 4 years
Evaluation Method: GPA
Faculty: Hospitality and Tourism
BTTM stands for Bachelors of Travel and Tourism Management which is a 4 years course of Tribhuvan University. The course consists of 126 credit hours and is taught over the period of eight semesters. The course was designed with a purpose of producing first and middle-level tourism management professionals in the country. Nepal is a naturally rich and culturally diverse country. Various international journals and magazines have ranked Nepal at number one in the list of best tourist destination. This clearly demonstrates how much tourism is important to Nepal. So, we can easily come to the conclusions that travel and tourism related subjects have huge potential in Nepal. Out of many courses, BTTM comes in the priority of many because it covers wide range of topics needed in the field of tourism.
Fee structure of BTTM in Nepal: ranges from Rs. 1, 50,000 to Rs. 2, 50,000/-
• To produce first and middle level management professionals to serve in travel and tourism industry both at the public and private sectors.
The aims of the program are:
• Increase an understanding of travel and tourism industry and its operations both theoretically and practically
• Able to understand and appreciate the need and functions of tourism marketing, tourism development planning, measurement and management
• Improve as sustainable personality to match the required professional demand of the tourism sector
• Handle functions of international tourist service operations including handling, managing and planning tour trek and rafting programs and handling domestic and international air ticketing and reservations
• Gain knowledge towards handling of international tourist service operations along with handling, managing and planning tour trek and rafting programs and handling domestic and international air ticketing and reservation.
• Help students in pursuing their further study in travel and tourism sector.
• Develop a very sound personality that match the standard of travel and tourism industry.
The candidates willing to apply for BTTM course must fulfill following requirements:
1. He/ She should have successfully completed the intermediate level (10+2) or equivalent with at least second division in any stream or equivalent
from any University/ Board/ Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University (TU).
2. Must have English as a full paper (200 marks) at 10+2 or equivalent.
3. Should follow all the requirements needed while fulfilling entrance exam form.
Candidates should appear for Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Management. The exam consist of four types of question which are Verbal Testing, Logical reasoning, General Knowledge and Quantitative Ability. The students need to score at least 40% marks to be able to
pass and be selected for group discussion and interview. After group discussion and interview is taken, the students get chance to be admitted in different college as per the merit list. The merit list is prepared by adding 50% of CMAT, 30% of plus two or equivalent, 10% of group discussion and 10% of interview.
Scope and Career Prospects
• Tour officer
• Reservation officer/ agent
• Ticketing Officer
• Sales Officer
• Travel Manager
• Customer service officer
• Managerial position at different travel and tours companies and many more.