Search for College
College of Development Studies
College of Development Studies was established in 2006 A.D. which provides education in the field of development studies. It has been conducting post graduate diploma and graduate programs in affiliation with Purbanchal University. Dedicated, experienced and talented faculty members are in charge for running the courses and result it has been as expectedly better. Students are guided and motivated thoroughly by faculty members. College of Development Studies is located at Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal. Since the location is in the center part of the Kathmandu valley, it is easily accessible via public vehicles.
Under the affiliation of Purbanchal University Master of Philosophy in Development Studies, Master in Development Studies and Diploma in Community Development and Training courses re offered by this college.
Master in Development Studies
Are you excited to put your development knowledge into practice? Study Master of Development Studies at College of Development Studies and gain the proficiency in this field. Here is a basic overview of the program and requirements to join the college.
- Board toppers in respective bachelor level are facilitated with full scholarship provision and entrance topper will get full scholarship in tuition fees for first semester.
- Semester topper will also receive full scholarship for next semester if GPA score is more than 3 in aggregate.
- Needy and deserving students will be provided partial scholarship and full scholarship are provided to those recommended by the University.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Well-furnished and spacious class rooms with projectors installed can be found at College of Development Studies.
- Library with text books, reference books, research journals and magazines.
- Computer lab is available to complete presentations, assignments and research with high speed internet.
- Educational tours are conducted in a regular basis as the course demands more research activity about developments within our country.
- Seminars, group discussions, workshops and lectures from reputed personalities helps in generating extra enthusiasm to complete the course with high gradesare conducted by College of Development Studies.
- Internal assessments, presentations and assignments are there for making improvements in course study.
- Students are monitored and guided to solve problems they have been facing in academic courses.
- Extra curriculum activities like sports, cultural programs and annual program are performed. College competitions for curriculum activities are organized.
- Transportation facility is provided by college bus.
- Cafeteria is also available providing healthy snacks at affordable prices.
- Students completing master level with minimum second division masks in aggregate are eligible to apply for Master of Philosophy in Development Studies of any streams at College of Development Studies.
- Students are eligible from any streams of Bachelor level with minimum of 45% in aggregate recognized by Purbanchal University to apply in Master in development Studies and diploma level.
- Diploma level is of one year and only students completing bachelor level are eligible to apply since it is a post graduate diploma course.
- An entrance test is conducted by college and entrance passed students are selected based on the merit list since limited seats are only available.