Search for College
Kathmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality
Katmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality popularly known as KATH College was established in 2002 to fulfill the need of trained human resources required for the country. KATH College is affiliated with Purbanchal University. Tourism is the rapidly emerging key sector of national economy. This course mainly focuses to maintain the excellence of knowledge and skills required by the students to efficiently operate both the private and public sectors of tourism. Katmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality consists of well qualified and experienced teaching faculties which helps students to acquire necessary quality knowledge. KATH College is the one and only educational institutes in Nepal offering both postgraduate and graduate level courses in tourism since its establishment. This college not only focuses on theoretical learning but also provides students with required practical learning which is necessary. Katmandu Academy of Tourism and Hospitality has been established with the motto “Tourism for Peace and Prosperity”.
This college provides bachelor degree in travel and tourusm studies and masters degree in tourism studies.
- To provide quality education in both theoretical and practical learning so that the students can work at supervisory and management levels of travel and tourism operations.
- To build career opportunities in the rapidly emerging field of travel and tourism sector both nationally as well as internationally.
- To be the leading institution for travel and tourism education in Nepal.
Why KATH College ?
Bachelor of Travel And Tourism Studies
Master of Tourism Studies
Infrastructure & Facilities
Classrooms: Classrooms of KATH College are spacious and bright.
Computer lab: Computer laboratory of KATH College is installed with modern technologies such as multimedia and high speed internet.
Library: Library of KATH College is well stocked with course books, references, national and international magazine and journals which helps students to enrich their learning.
Cafeteria: Cafeteria of KATH College is clean and hygienic which provides proper meals and light refreshment to the students and staffs.
Extra Curricular Activities (ECA): This institute not only focuses on academic program but also encourages students to take part in different ECA activities which includes In-house magazine, Newsletter, Debates, Cultural Programs etc.
Students who have studied given courses who have sound knowledge and skills can work in following fields:
- Tourism public sector
- Travel agency/tour operation
- Adventure tourism(Trekking, Rafting, Mountaineering etc)
- Accommodation and catering (Resorts, Hotels, Guest houses and restaurants)
- Entertainment (Clubs, Casinos, Theme parks, Amusement Centers, etc)
- Transportation facilities (Airlines, Cruise liner, Surface transport etc)