Bachelor in Development Finance (Kathmandu University)
Bachelor in Development Finance (BDFin) is an undergraduate degree program offered by the affiliated college of Kathmandu University (KU), under the management of School of Arts (SOA). It is a professional and result oriented academic program of four years spreading over eight semesters, covering a total of 131 credit hours to provide students with better and broad knowledge of business finance, economic development, research and entrepreneurship and to produce skilled human resources and entrepreneurs for the development of finance sectors of the country in a sustainable method.
College Offering BDFin:
- National College (also known as National College for Development Studies), Baluwatar, Kathmandu, Nepal
- To prepare students for higher level studies like Masters level program in the area of Development Finance, Business Management, Economics, Accounting, Development Studies or other related field.
- To prepare the successful BDFin graduates to work independently as researchers and business entrepreneurs
- To provide students with a better and extensive knowledge, skills and abilities about the character of Financial Institutions, Project Management and Entrepreneurship Development.
- To prepare creative, passionate and well-qualified human resources to run financial sectors of the country and be the part of financial, insurance, banking and co-operative sectors
- To help students to improve their intellectual and analytical abilities, decision making, leadership to carry out, analyze and execute plans and policies for the overall development of local and global Economy, Finance and Management sector
Eligibility for Admission:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 (Higher Secondary Education Board), or equivalent level certificate in Science, Management, Humanities or any other faculty from the KU recognized college or universities with second division or minimum 45% in aggregate or at least grade D in three subjects in Advance Level.
- Students will have to pass an entrance examination conducted by the affiliated college. There will be an oral test and written examination. The written test will be in Mathematics, English and General Knowledge.
- Students will be selected from the merit list prepared on the basis of the score obtained in 10+2 (HSEB) level or equivalent level, the written examination and interview.
- Non-Nepali can also apply.
Total Seat Available:
- Nepali Students: 36 seats available
- Foreign Students: 4 seats available
Scholarship Available: National College offers partial scholarship to encourage the meritoriousstudents each year. Full scholarship will be offered to one student nominated by Kathmandu University. College also provides topper Scholarship to the students who secures the highest marks in each semester.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, along with the completed Application form, the following documents are needed. Application forms can be collected from the National College.
- Copy of a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or equivalent mark sheet
- Copy of a Character Certificate
- Copy of a 10+2 (HSEB) or equivalent transcript
- Copy of a Migration Certificate (Original during the admission)
- Copy of a Citizenship Certificate or valid Passport (For Non-Nepali)
Course of Study
- English I
- Financial Accounting
- Concepts & Theories of Development
- Linear Algebra
- Nepali I
- English II
- Financial Management I
- Calculus and Application
- Nepali II
- Introductory Statistics
- Business communications
- Financial Management II
- Principle of Management
- Human Behavior and Organizations
- Statistics II
- Nepalese Financial System
- Taxation and Applied Accounting
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Financial Market & Institutions
- Investment & Financial Instruments
- Marketing Management
- Monetary Economics
- Human Resource Management & Development
- Public Finance
- Strategic Management
- Microfinance and Credit
- Research Methodology
- Private Sector Development
- Project Implementation & Management
- Nepalese Economy & Foreign Aid
- International Trade
- International Finance
- Project Evaluation
- Business Proposal Development and Writing
- Risk and Insurance
- Project Work
- Regional Financial System & Services
- Elective (anyone)1- Project Financing & Value Based Management
- Elective (anyone) 2- International Financial Market & Institution
- Elective (anyone) 3- Development Economics
Scope and Career Prospects
- Financial Sectors (Bank, Finance and Insurances)
- Micro-finance and Co-operatives
- Enterprises Development Institutions
- Research Institutions
- Marketing Company/Institutions
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.