B.Sc. Applied Physics (Kathmandu University)
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics is ideal for those who have a strong liking for physics and its application in the real world. The program provides the students with knowledge and skills required to apply physics to solve the practical problems in industry, science and engineering. It is recommended for those interested in newly evolving technologies, diverse areas of physics and instrumentation.
The four-year long academic program, Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics offered by the Kathmandu University is a study of fundamental laws of nature and their application to the contemporary technologies. It is designed to provide students with an intensive background in physics meanwhile relating it to applications used in technology-based industries, such as astrophysics, computer-based laboratory, microelectronics and optical science. The program is a blend of courses, like mathematics, chemistry and physics with a major emphasis on its application to solve real-world problems. Students are provided with an opportunity to take part in physics research on and off campus.
Some of the major objectives of this program are listed below:
- To produce academically and professionally competent graduates.
- To conduct and promote development and research activities in the field of physics.
- To provide students with an understanding of the historical development and the role of physics in current technologies.
- To enable students to apply the classroom learning to solve the real world problem using both numerical and analytical techniques.
- To prepare students for further education.
Kathmandu University- School of Science is the only academic institution that is offering Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics program under the affiliation of Kathmandu University. It is located in Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok.
In order to be eligible to study Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, applicants should have passed +2 or I.SC with at least second division and 50% in Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics. Applicants need to appear in the entrance test conducted by the university which is followed by a personal interview.
Selection is made on the basis of past academic records and score of entrance test administered by the university. Applicant's performance in the personal interview is also taken into consideration.
- Eligible candidates should submit two passport size photographs
- Applicants should submit attested photocopies of academic certificates
- Applicant should submit character certificate
- Completed and signed admission form
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
Undergraduate degree in applied is a gateway to an array of careers. Graduates can find work in diverse areas of engineering, photonics/optoelectronics, semiconductors, research& development and communication. They have the option to work as:
- Laser Physics
- Materials Science
- Environmental Physics
- Sensors and Transducers
- Acoustics and Ultrasonic
- Instrumentation Designer
- Biophysics and Medical Physics
- Product Design and Development
- Computing & Software Development
- Computational Physics and Modeling
- Semiconductor Devices and Microelectronics
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.