Master in Pharmacy (Kathmandu University)
Kathmandu University offers an intensive master's program in the field of medical and science, which is coined as Master in Pharmacy. This is a 2 years program (4 semesters), which includes the curriculum designed to provide advanced knowledge to the students. This course comes under the faculty of Pharmacy.
Currently there are two specializations that are offered in this program and they are Industrial Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Care. The graduate degree in Pharmacology endeavors to prepare experts to create exercises in various fields, for example, pharmaceutical and biotechnological organizations, open research focuses, medicinal services, learned society and open organization. R+D exercises are produced on every one of these levels in the field of drug which require work force who have been prepared through pro preparing of the sort gave on the graduate degree offered by this university.
The course of Master in Pharmacy is offered in Kathmandu University : School of Science. This school is located in Dhulikhel, in the district of Kavrepalanchowk.
Division of Pharmacy at Kathmandu University was set up in 1994, first of its kind in Nepal. The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- To provide educational facilities for employment opportunity in the field of clinical pharmacy.
- To polish, sharpen and acquire the advance knowledge and skills in specialized areas within pharmaceutical science.
- Contemplate and strengthen the current pharmacy practices available in the private and public associations.
- Prepare students to help pharmaceutical and related associations in taking care of their issues by giving consultancy administrations.
- Groom students for research skill and make them capable to hold a position of a teacher or a specialist in their specialized area.
To be qualified for applying to the program, the competitor might have BPharm level of Kathmandu College with a base CGPA of 2.5 or equal B Pharm level of any other college, perceived by Kathmandu University.
Admission notice is published by Kathmandu University in significant dailies and in KU's official website www.ku.edu.np/pharmacy in July. For competitive admission process and limited available seats, the applicants have to first go through entrance test. After qualifying the entrance test, the candidates go through interviews. Only selected candidates will get admission in respective faculty.
Candidates are required to present the accompanying archives with the application:
- Attested copy of Mark sheets of Secondary, Higher Secondary instruction and undergrad level.
- Character testaments issued by the school last went to.
- Attested copy of citizenship.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
A degree in pharmacology opens up circumstances in an extensive variety of jobs in the field of pharmacy. Students holding a master's degree in pharmacy can grab job opportunities in various departments that come under the pharmacy sector. Out of those, some are given below:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Governmental Drug Administrations
- Drug Research Lab
- Health Research Council
In Nepal's context, the demand for the skilled personnel in pharmacy sector is at an increasing rate. Nepal being a developing country has scope in this sector and following this many new hospitals are being built in various areas. With the increasing number of hospitals, the pharmacy stores will also correspondingly increase, subsequently creating jobs for the deserving individuals in this sector.