Search for College
National Medical College
One of the prominent colleges of Nepal, National Medical College was established in 2001 under the founder chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Jainuddin Ansari who is one of the leading surgeons with national and international accolades. The college is affiliated with the Tribhuwan University and promoted by the National Medical College Company Pvt. Ltd. It is located towards the south-east region of Nepal in Birgunj. The demand for technical manpower and expert in Nepal is always growing; hence, National Medical College, an international institution for medical education in Nepal, aims to generate expert and competent medical doctors and paramedic professionals to meet this ever growing need in the medical scenario. Apart from this, the prime objective of the college is to undergo various researches and discover latest technologies in the department of science and medicine.
National Medical College follows the International standard education as set by The World Federation of Medical Education and is abided with the norm set by the Nepal Medical Council and the Medical Council of India and other developed Countries. Apart from imparting excellent quality education with the latest techniques and skills, National Medical College is dedicated in cultivating its students the humanitarian and ethic values of compassion and benevolence and creating responsible and responsive professionals in the future.
Why NMC ?
- The college is located in a serene environment in Birgunj and is easily accessible from most cities and towns in Nepal.
- National Medical College has its own academic complex with various departments along with a teaching hospital and school of nursing. Also, the college has facilities of residential accommodation to its students as well as residential staff and other technical personnel.
- The teaching and the administrative faculty consist of highly dedicated and qualified professionals with years of experience in their relevant fields. The college has proper physical infrastructures with the latest tools and technologies for study and research programs.
- National Medical College has a well-stock library with a large collection of books and materials related to the course.
- There are well-equipped labs and research centers to carry out practical works and research-oriented activities at National Medical College.
- The college has separate hostel for boys and girls along with separate hostel block for the nursing students.
- National Medical College also has an auditorium hall along its premises for the purpose of seminars and workshops as well as to perform cultural programs.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Are you willing to become the savior of the health of people? Join MBBS to sharpen and upgrade your knowledge in the field of medical at National Medical College.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Teaching Hospital: National Medical College consists of a Teaching Hospital fully equipped with standard physical infrastructures and an accommodation of 1050 beds. There are following departments at the National Medical College apart from blood bank services, pharmacies, round-the-clock ambulance, operation theaters, emergency wards within the hospital premises.
- Radiology Department
- Surgery Department
- Medicine Department
- Pediatrics Department
- Department of Orthopedics
- Physiotherapy Center
- Preventive Clinic
- Disaster Management Unit
Academic Complex: The main academic complex of the college has the Integrated Basic Medical Sciences (IBMS) Block consisting of the preclinical departments of various Sciences including Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Microbiology as well as Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine with well-equipped infrastructures for each of the departments.
There are eight lecture halls which are spacious and fully furnished with all the needed equipments and resources.
- Library Network: The Central Library is one of the best libraries all over the country with a huge collection of more than 15 thousand medical books, journals and reference materials. Apart from the Central Library, there is a separate library for the nursing campus as well as well-stocked libraries for each department.
- Faculty Quarters: National Medical College has facilities of well-furnished quarters for its residential faculties. There are separate medical officers’ quarters as well as nurses’ quarters. The college also has separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Auditorium: There is an auditorium hall within the college premises and has an accommodation capacity for 1000 students.
- Candidates seeking admission for M.B.B.S. should have completed their +2 in Science with a minimum score of 50% each in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The candidates are also required to pass the entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Medicine, TU.
- MBBS doctors who are registered with the medical council of the respective country are eligible for the postgraduate medical program at National Medical College. The candidates are also required to pass the P.G. entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Medicine, TU.
The admission procedures for the nursing programs are as follows:
- PCL: The candidates are required to obtain an aggregate mark of 50% & above in S.L.C. and should pass the entrance examination held by CTEVT to get admission at National Medical College.
- B.N.: The PCL passed out candidates should have a working experience of minimum of two years and should pass the entrance examination conducted by the Tribhuwan University.
- B.Sc.: The candidates seeking to join B.Sc. in Nursing should have scored a minimum score of 50% & above in aggregate in +2 Science or equivalent degree. The candidates should pass the entrance examination held by the TU to get admission at National Medical College.
- M.N.: To get enrolled for the Masters course in Nursing, the candidates should pass the P.G. nursing entrance examination conducted by the TU.