Search for College
Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences
Nepalese Army Institute of Health Services (NAIHS) came into existence to fulfill the growing need and demand to improve the health care system of the Nepalese Army Medical Corps (NAMC). All these could be possible with NAMC’s very own institute of medicine with prominent and competent medical professionals and experts. Thus, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Services was established in 2010 as a nonprofit and service-oriented institution with a medical college and nursing college under its operation. It is located at Bhandarkhal, Sanobharyang in Kathmandu and has proposed for a medical polytechnic school and a dental college in the near future.
The fact that medical education is so expensive that it cannot be afforded by many qualified students who are financially backwards, hence, NAIHS has been offering quality and international standard education in the field of medical and health sciences to the candidates from the army families as well as the civil candidates at a very affordable price. The main objective of the NAIHS is to produce competent and qualified health professionals by offering quality education, who will dedicate themselves in serving the country and take Nepal to a progressive phase.
The Shree Birendra Hospital at Chhauni is assigned to look after the above programs at NAIHS, which is also the main hospital under the NAIHS. NAMC is planning to further add a 450-bedded general complex in the very near future.
Nepalese Army Institute of Health Services has actively been involved in many humanitarian works and activities for the better health care and welfare of the people and has been working to expand their work in creating sustainable growth and development in terms of medical education and health services. The NAIHS provides free medical services to army personnel and their dependants who are on the service. Apart from that, they have been providing paramount services to the general in times of casualties and calamities such as internal conflict, earthquake, flood, landslides etc.
This institute offers PCL Nursing, Bachelor in Nursing and MBBS programs.
Why Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences ?
- The NAIHS-College of Medicine is located at a serene place in Bhandarkhal, Sanobharyang, amidst the scenic views of the northwest of Kathmandu valley with the famous Buddhist shrine of Swyambhunath in its periphery. The NAIHS-College of Nursing is located in the heart of Kathmandu at Mahankalsthan adjacent with the national Trauma Care Center of Bir Hospital.
- Both NAIHS-COM and NAIHS-CON have modern academic blocks and buildings with modern infrastructures and state-of-the-art technologies. There is a separate block for the administrative building, hostel building and auditorium complex at COM. The CON has separate nursing labs including fundamental lab, midwifery and community lab.
- Both NAIHS-COM and CON have spacious classrooms and well-equipped lecture halls, labs and departments. The teaching faculty and administrative staff are highly qualified and experienced with practices and exposure in the national and national platform.
- The College of Medicine and the College of Nursing both have a rich and large collection of books and volumes related to health and science and nursing medicine.
- There is a separate department for the Information Technology with well-furnished computer labs. Students have an unlimited access to the internet facility with backup power.
- The College of Medicine and the College of Nursing at NAIHS have facilities of modern complex hostel to its students.
- Extracurricular activities are a part of the college and such programs and events are being held on a regular basis.
- All the students at NAIHS are facilitated with health care and services at the Shree Birendra Hospital on a regular basis. The Teaching Hospital of NAIHS, Shree Birendra Hospital is the central hospital of the Nepalese army and also the center of excellence for all the academic programs of NAIHS. Tri-Chandra Military Hospital is one of the first modern hospitals with latest and advanced technologies in the field of medicine. The Nepalese Army Rehabilitation Center with an accommodation of 28 beds is another specialty of NAIHS.
- There are provisions of scholarships for the deserving students.
Gain an extensive knowledge and hands on training by studying B.sc. Nursing at Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences. Also achieve the benefits of studying in a supportive environment. Browse to gain more knowledge on the course and joining us.
Post Basic Bachelor in Nursing
Are you looking for completing your Nursing degree and intending to work on a proffesional field of nursing? Post basic Bs.c. Nursing helps to upgrade your nursing skills and knowledge as well as competencies, Know the reasons to join Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences for pursuing Post basic Bs.c Nursing by going through the given link.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Are you planning to pursue a career in medical field? Know why you should join Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences to graduate in MBBS and other details regarding the fee structure, admission procedures and other criterias by browsing through the link.
The candidates seeking admission for the MBBS program at Nepalese Army Institute of Health Services are required to go through an entrance examination as conducted by the Institute of Medicine, TU. The candidates seeking for admission at the NAIHS for the BN program are required to sit for an entrance examination as conducted by the Institute of Medicine, Tribhuwan University. The CTEVT conducts the entrance examination for the PCL Nursing program. The candidates are eligible for the admission as per their meritorious performances on the entrance examination.
The total number of student intake for the MBBS program is 150 out of which a total of 10 seats are allocated by the Nepalese Army Institute of Health Services as decided by the Ministry of Education. All the students are selected as per the merit-based performance on the entrance examination as conducted by the Institute of Medicine, TU. Apart from this, there is a provision of scholarship for other eligible and deserving candidates based on the criteria put up by the NAIHS.
There is also a provision of number of scholarships awarded to the candidates for their Nursing course at NAIHS. This is once again nominated by the Ministry of Education that includes the children of civilians as well as army personnel as per the criteria put up by the NAIHS.
Infrastructure & Facilities