Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Pokhara University)
Bachelor of Computer Engineering is a four year, 8 semester course of Pokhara University. This program is under the faculty of Science and Engineering. Due to the speedy growth in the electronics device and computer science, there is need of skillful and specialized manpower who could work in these progressive technologies. This combination of knowledge and technology has invented a highly specialized and technical field in the engineering sector called as computer engineering. The course consists of technical and non- technical subjects. There are general science subjects as well as core computer subjects. There are elective subjects in sixth, seventh and eighth semesters. In order to give practical touch to the course, there are project work in second, third and fourth year. In the time duration of four year, the aspirants are taught about the software development, networking, system design, digital system, etc. The main aim of the course is to make student familiar with the latest trend in the world of information technology and computer science.
List of colleges offering BE Computer PU:
Some of the colleges offering BE in computer are as follows:
- Nepal Engineering College, Changunarayan Bhaktapur
- Pokhara Engineering College, Phirke, Pokhara Kaski
- Lumbini Engineering, Management and Science College, Bhalwari, Butwal
- National Academy of Science and Technology (Dhangadi Engineering College), Dhangadi, Kailali
- Nepal College of Information Technology, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology, Khumaltar Lalitpur
- Everest Engineering and Management College, Lalitpur
Fee structure: The fee structure for studying BE in computer can be known from the college concerned.
The main objectives of the course are as follows:
- To develop students into highly skilled and versatile engineer and knowledgeable researcher meeting the competency of 21st century’s info based society.
- To produce highly efficient technical manpower having sharp skills and problem solving capacity in the field of computer science correlating the acquired knowledge in development of the nation.
- To train students and develop those into capable manpower for solving various problems related to software and hardware, networking, system design, programming, etc of different multinational organizations and business companies.
- To encourage students to carry on further study and continuous professional progress and achievement in the field of computer engineering.
Students who have passed 10+2 science or I.Sc or A- Level or Diploma of Engineering or equivalent examination from recognized University/Board/ Institution, with at least second division marks in aggregate.
Multiple choice questions, Total questions: 100 Physics: 25%, Chemistry: 15%, Mathematics: 40%, English: 20% Merit list published based on entrance exam.
Course of Study
- Engineering Mathematics-I
- Programming in C
- Communication Technique
- Mechanical Workshop
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics-II
- Engineering Drawing
- Object Oriented Programming in C++
- Thermal Science
- Applied Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics-III
- Logic Circuits
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Network Theory
- Electronic Devices
- Electrical Engineering Material
- Engineering Mathematics-IV
- Electronic Circuits
- Theory of Computation
- Numerical Methods
- Microprocessor System and Interfacing
- Operating System
- Computer Graphics
- Integrated Digital Electronics
- Probability and Statistics
- Simulation and Modeling
- Data Communication
- Database Management System
- Object Oriented Software Engineering
- Minor Project
- Engineering Economics
- Computer Architecture
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computer Network
- Organization and Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Image Processing & Pattern Recognition
- Project Work
Scope and Career Prospects
The computers and machineries have become one of the trusted friends of humans in this century. Today’s humans cannot imagine their life without computers. This has become necessities, compassion and has taken the centre stage as a true friend. So, the students who have chosen computer study as their career paths should not regret. They have a decent career waiting after the study. Computer engineers are essentially needed in all areas. Industry, government sector, education sector, banking, multinational sectors, NGOs, INGOs, health, etc. are different sectors where the graduates can work and earn good salary. The graduates serve as application developers, systems analysts, network administrators, software engineers and database administrators, and many more. The graduates have very glittering career opportunities in the developed countries where they can flourish to fullest. Not only this, they can also work as the academician sharing the acquired knowledge with other junior students.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.