Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Pokhara University)
This course, under the Pokhara University, is one of the oldest, broadest and known as the mother branch of engineering. The course deals with the development and maintenance of physically built environment like dams, roads, building etc.Duration of this course is eight semesters enrolled for four years. Around 50 core and elective courses are displayed through the 4 year session. The program deals with the practical, theoretical as well as field works via lectures and tutorial classes. Civil engineering is divided into many fields. Some of them are listed below:
- Construction engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Structural engineering
- Urban engineering etc.
Some of the Pokhara affiliated universities serving Bachelor of civil engineering are:
- Pokhara University College
- Nepal Engineering College
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology
- Lumbini Engineering College
- Nepal College of Information Technology
- Oxford College of engineering and Management
- United Technical College
After this program, our graduates are:
- Trained to deal with the designs, operation, maintenance of the services and infrastructures.
- Qualifies to understand the field of structural, resource, geotechnical, environmental, material, transportation engineering.
- Will have all qualifications for employment in civil engineering and related professions.
- Ensuring to analyze, survey and handle the infrastructure development tasks where civil engineers plays vital role.
- To be eligible for this course, candidate must have passed I.SC and 10+2 examinations.
- 50% marks in aggregate and 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics is the minimum criteria for this program.
Course of Study
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Thermal Science
- Engineering Drawing
- Programming in C
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Object Oriented Programming in C++
- Communication Technique
- Mechanical Workshop
- Applied Mechanics I
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Applied Mechanics II
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Building Technology
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Numerical Method
- Strength of Materials
- Surveying 1
- Engineering Geology
- Surveying 2
- Survey Field Project
- Water Resources Engineering 1
- Structural Analysis I
- Soil Mechanics
- Water Supply Engineering
- Probability and Statistics
- Water Resources Engineering 2
- Foundation Engineering
- Structural Analysis II
- Sanitary Engineering
- Engineering Hydrology
- Transportation Engineering I
- Design of Steel and Timber Structure
- Design of RCC Structure
- Estimating Valuation
- Engineering Economics
- Elective I
- Transportation Engineering II
- Construction Project Management
- Professional Practice
- Elective II
Scope and Career Prospects
Civil engineers are employed in all major construction projects. A Civil Engineer main role is to plan, design, construct and maintain structures. Civil Engineer can work in private construction companies as well as for governmental public works or in universities; as a researcher or a professor. Students after this program can be a technical report writer or even a project manager.
- Geotechnical engineer: landfill manager, foundation designer, engineering geologist
- Construction management: estimator, project engineer, scheduler
- Engineering Research: government researcher, educational researcher
- Public work engineering: city manager, federal employee
- Transportation engineering: consultant, planner. Highway geometric design
- Structural engineering: analyst, designer
- Water resource engineering: sanitary engineer, water relater structural engineer
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.