Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Pokhara University)
Pokhara University provides an undergraduate degree in electronics field, termed as BE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It is a semester-based course that lasts for about 48 months. This course falls under the faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Transportation Studies. It is specially designed for the students who are willing to learn about the different aspects of engineering, particularly about the electronics.
Though the program is more focused on hydro-power engineering, the curriculum of this course is designed in such a way that it comprises of fields such as thermal, solar and wind energy. The major goal of Electrical and Electronics program in Pokhara University is to provide quality education to students and generate highly qualified Electrical Engineer.
Currently, Bachelors of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is offered in following colleges which are affiliated with Pokhara University
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology in Lalitpur district
- Everest Engineering and Management College in Kathmandu district
- Oxford College of Engineering and Management in district of Nawalparasi
- Nepal College of Information Technology in Bhaktapur district
- Nepal Engineering College (NEC) in Kaski district
- Pokhara University- Faculty of Science and Technology
Some of the major objectives of this program are listed below:
- To provides graduates with information and competency in different sectors of related fields.
- To provides graduates with expert skills.
- Make students capable of applying the learning of arithmetic, science, and designing.
- Make students capable of outlining, investigating and translating information & interpret data.
- Make students capable to work in multidisciplinary groups.
- Make students capable of recognizing, formulating and solving issues related to electrical engineering.
- To provide a comprehension of expert and moral obligation.
Students who are interested in joining this course must hold +2 degree with a minimum of 50% in engineering or science discipline. In addition to this, one should face an entrance test conducted by the university in three major subjects i.e. Math, Physics and Chemistry. A student should meet both criteria to be eligible to enroll in this course.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
A wide range of employment opportunities are available for electrical and electronic engineers. Electrical engineers can work as Electronic and Electrical Engineering Technicians, Electronics and Electrical Installers and Repairers, Sales Engineers and Electro-mechanical Technicians etc. These engineers are basically authorized for developing and designing electrical products. They can also opt to work in IT and telecommunication as it is a closely related field. BEE graduate can find jobs in digital & microprocessor systems, software/hardware integration, analog systems, and communication system among others.
In Nepal, demand for engineers is skyrocketing, particularly in the field of electronics as number of organizations are seeking for a trained and skilled electronic engineer. The graduates in this field are well paid and are highly ranked. Some of the reputed sectors in Nepal that hires electrical engineers are:
- Government Sector
- Nepal Electricity Authority
- Nepal Telecom
- INGO's/ NGO's
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.