Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology (Pokhara University)
Pokhara University provides 4 years undergraduate degree, under the faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Transportation Studies IT, Computing Studies and Technology, which is termed as Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology (BE IT). This course is specially designed for the individuals who wish to continue their career in the field of IT.
The Bachelor in IT engineering focuses on equipping students with an ability of using the latest technology in computers and other communicational devices. This course will help students to understand the important aspects of IT such as operating system, software, and networks database.
Currently, Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology- affiliated with Pokhara University is taught in Cosmos College of Management and Technology which is situated in Lalitpur district of Nepal.
Some of the major goals of Bachelors of Engineering in IT are listed below:
- Have extended knowledge regarding engineering practice that includes a capability of using experimental, analytical techniques and designing software tools.
- Show critical thinking aptitudes and capacity to learn and utilize data innovation for critical thinking.
- Show comprehension knowledge of the skills and principles in engineering design and capacity of utilizing extended administration tools.
- Exhibit viable communicational abilities (composed, verbal) and interpersonal capacities (cooperation)
- Distinguish, gather, break down and oversee data for a wide scope of data innovation issues and difficulties
- Show broad sense of professional, ethical and social responsibility along with ability to exhibit the understanding of the impact of technology on mankind.
In order to get qualified for this course, one has to go through the engineering entrance test. It is conducted every year by the Pokhara University, School of Engineering. There is also a criterion to sit in this entrance exam. One should have completed +2 in engineering with the subjects Math, Physics and Chemistry. Also, the student must have achieved at least 45%. With the combination of both past academics and entrance test, a student is evaluated for the admission in this course.
Course of Study
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Communication Technique
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Programming in C
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Network Theory
- Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science
- Electronic Devices
- Engineering Drawing
- Object Oriented Programming in C++
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Electronic Circuits 1
- Logic Circuit
- Data and File Structure
- Probability & Queuing Theory
- Programming in Java
- Engineering Mathematics IV
- Microprocessor & Assembly Language Programming
- Database Systems
- Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Applied Operating System
- Numerical Methods
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Principle of Communication
- Signal System Processing
- High- end Computer Architecture
- Computer Graphics
- Data Communication
- Web Technology
- Organization and Management
- Object Oriented Design and Modeling Through UML
- Multimedia Systems
- Computer Network
- Managerial Economics
- Elective I
- Minor Project I
- Network Programming
- Project management
- Social and Professional Issues in IT
- Project Work
- Elective II
- Client Server Architecture and Application
Scope and Career Prospects
Engineering has always been a popular career choice among Nepalese students as with each passing days the demand of a skilled manpower, especially in engineering sector is increasing rapidly. Most of the students, upon completion of their high school wish to pursue engineering and previewing a part of it, Information Technology has become one of the most popular destinations among them as new jobs are opening rapidly day by day. Engineers are paid handsomely and finding a job is never an issue to them. This degree holder can work as IT consultant, computer forensic investigator, cloud architect, health IT specialist, software engineer, web developer, mobile application developer and information technology vendor manager among others.
What IT engineers in Nepal do?
- Software Developers
- Hardware engineers
- System Designer
- System Analyst
- Network Engineers
- Data Administrators
In government sectors they can work in:
- Public Service Commission (Lok Sewa Aayog)
- Nepal Telecom
- Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA)
And in private sectors:
- They can work in different multi national companies.
- Do online jobs as a freelancer.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.