Bachelor of Industrial Engineering (Tribhuvan University)
Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering is one of the programs offered by Tribhuvan University in Thapathali Campus, Thapathali, Kathmandu. Under the Institute of Engineering (IOM), the program was introduced in 2005 by the Department of Industrial engineering. The program is currently available only in Thapathali Campus.
Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering is an engineering degree requiring four years of study in a annual curriculum system. The program primarily focuses on the management and development of the industrial sector and the technologies and methodologies involved in industrialization, both in and out of Nepal.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Food technology aims to provide the students with provide quality engineering education and research in the frontier engineering areas relevant primarily to the industry in the nation.
- The program aims to produce capable and competitive graduates that can work and improve the condition of the industries in and out of Nepal.
- The program tends to teaching students how the national, regional and global industrialization in a globalized world of the 21st century are interdependent and affect local industries.
- BEng Industry seeks to inform student of the technological and methodological advancements of the industry in the global market and how it can be adopted in the local market.
- The course aims to teach students about handling the problems and challenges confronted by the industries in both technical and management of the industries in Nepal.
- BEng Industry aims to motivate students to become experts and professionals to hasten the speed of industrial growth in Nepal.
- BEng Industry aims to produce manpower to serve in industrial division of Nepal and contribute in improvement of production of goods and services.
In Order to jointhe Bachelors in industrial Engineering course of TU in Thapathali Campus, a prospective student must have the following qualifications.
- The prospect must have completed I.Sc. Or 10+2 in science, with a percentage score of 45% total. Furthermore, s/he must also have score over 45% in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- He / She must appear for an entrance examination conducted annually by the Institute of Engineering.
The details of the entrance examinations, including the application forms and exam dates and times, are published by IOE. The application submission usually opens in Bhadra and lasts for about a month. These updates can be viewed in TU's Institute of Science and technology website: http://entrance.ioe.edu.np/
The application forms are to be submitted online after receiving bank voucher.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
- Industrial/Business Advisor
- Industry or Business Entrepreneur
- Industrial Developer/Planner
- Technological and methodological researcher
- Project planner/advisor
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.