B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology or Radiographic Technology (4yrs) (Tribhuvan University)
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology or Radiographic Technology gives students the knowledge and skills required to practice radiography profession. The Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology or Radiographic Technology offered by the Tribhuvan University can be completed within four years. The discipline focuses on the diverse technical techniques for detecting several diseases process. It is introduced to meet the contemporary necessities of the health sector. The program gives students education and training in the technical facets of the procedures with a major stress on the pathophysiology & anatomy of the disease process. The coursework comprises of classroom learning, fieldwork or practicum. The degree is acknowledged by Nepal Health Professional Council.
List of the academic institutions affiliated with Tribhuvan University offering the Bachelor of Science in Medical Imagining Technology or Radiography Technology program:
- TU Institute of Medicine, located in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
- Chitwan Medical College, located in Bharatpur, Chitwan
The major aim of the Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology or Radiographic Technology is to produce educated and trained radiologist to meet the demand of the growing job market. Thus, upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology or Radiographic Technology program, graduates are ought to be able to:
- Exhibit correct patient positioning techniques.
- Act within the ethic of the profession.
- Pursue life-long learning and conduct and participate in research activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism through undeviating and responsible behavior.
- Exhibit analytical thinking skills and adapt to ever-evolving health environment and patients needs.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills in the diverse clinical setting.
Students who are interested in pursuing Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology and Radiographic Technology shall meet the following criteria:
- Should have passed ISc or 10+2 or certificate level in radiography with Biology as one of the major course and English as the compulsory subject through the board or university recognized by the Tribhuvan University.
- Should have secured at least fifty percent marks
- Should pass the entrance test conducted by the Tribhuvan University however, foreign students need not appear in the entrance test
Selection is made on the basis of the candidate’s past academic performance and entrance test score.
While applying for the admission, candidates should submit the following mentioned documents:
- Verified academic certificates
- Recently taken photographs
- Verified character certificates
- Duly filled and signed application form
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
It has been projected that the demand of radiologic technologist will increase in the coming days, thus the number of students interested in pursuing this degree is increasing. An individual with this degree can work in different healthcare settings, including hospitals, nursing homes and clinics. They can opt to work in academic intuitions as well. Some of the popular job options among this degree holder are radiographer, radiology technicians, diagnostic medical sonographer, MRI technician and CT tech.