MA Rural Development (Tribhuvan University)
Nepal, the country of rocky hills and mountains is mostly rural dominant. Most of the innocent life lives in the lap of Himalayas far from the hassles of the city. But unfortunately, most of the poverty, inequality, unemployment and dependency have also rooted in this area. So, in this context it is worthy to pursue the MA in rural development. Nepal needs young and dynamic graduates who have vista vision to uplift the life of common folks of rural areas.
MA rural development is a two year, four semester program of TU in Central Department, Kirtipur. This course is taught as two year program conducting exam in end of every academic year in other constituent and private colleges. The course was designed to provide comprehensive and broad knowledge in the field of rural development. In the yearly system, there are 10 papers each of 100 marks for students to study. However, in semester system students have to study 60 credit hours in total. Each subject is of 3 credit hours consisting of 48 teaching hours. In third semester there is one practical course. In fourth semester, there are three optional subjects and students have to choose in between them and all the students have to perform thesis work compulsorily.
List of colleges:
Some of names of colleges offering MA in rural development are as follows:
- Annapurna Model Colleges, Butwal, Rupandehi
- SV Academy College, Buddanagar, Kathmandu
- Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Ghantaghar, Kathmandu
- Padmakanya Campus, Bagbazar, Kathmandu
- K and K International College, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Campion College, Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Post Graduate Campus, Biratnagar
- Bhaktapur Multiple Campus, Dhoodhpati, Bhaktapur
- Central Department of Rural Development, Kirtipur, Kathmandu
- Mahendra Multiple Campus, Nepalgunj
- Patan Multiple Campus, Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur
- Gramin Aadarsha Multiple Campus, Nepaltar, Kathmandu
The fee structure of studying MA rural development in Central campus ranges around Rs. 50,000- 60,000. The cost is different in campus running classes in yearly system. The cost of studying the course may be a little costlier in private colleges.
The main objectives of rural development are as follows:
- The course intends to provide students the multilateral skills development and training targeting the theoretical and practical areas of rural development.
- The course intends to prepare students for arranging, planning and execution of rural and community oriented development programs.
- The course intends to focus on capacity building and competence in students and prepare them to work in decentralized governments cooperating with local, state and federal government
- The course intends to develop very passionate students who have zeal and optimism to work as a facilitator in socioeconomic transformation of the country like Nepal.
- To be eligible to participate in entrance exam, candidates must have at least bachelor degree or equivalent from any discipline from Tribhuvan University or any recognized Universities.
- The candidates must pass the entrance exam by securing sufficient marks to get upper ranking in the merit list.
- The entrance exam is based on multiple choice objective questions.
- The total marks are 100.
- The question pattern and total marks are subject to change.
- The question is asked from the course of Bachelor and Intermediate.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
When it comes to build the career in the field of rural development, there are various doubt and suspiciousness considering its name. However, this is not the case. The study of rural development in this changed context has got huge response. People have realized the fact that the heart and soul of Nepal is the rural area and without its development the development of Nepal is not possible.
The graduates in the rural development can work in government organizations and reputed international organizations. There are numerous NGO's and INGO's working in the field of rural development, the graduates have high chance of getting job there. One can also work as researcher, academician, teacher, lectures, freelancer, activist, supervisor, consultant etc in the field of rural development. There are so many community development projects initiated by government of Nepal and large donor organizations, the graduates can get jobs in various positions there. Moreover, civil service exam, exams of different public organizations etc, is the field where graduates can fight exam and earn jobs. This field is not confined in the country only. There are huge scopes in the abroad also. The foreign scholars and universities are in search of dynamic graduates who have radical idea to change the society and country as a whole.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.