MA Population Studies (Tribhuvan University)
MA Population Studies is a degree provided by Tribhuvan University (TU) for students seeking knowledge about human populations. The major area of this course include birth, health, fertility, death, immigration, emigration. This course is for those who are interested in researching the increasing, decreasing or constant rate of population in specific areas and reasons behind those rates. MA Population Studies is offered by CPDS (Central Department of Population Studies) and provided by TU Central College and other affiliated colleges. MA Population Studies is a two years course program that includes ten subjects and a thesis. The exams will be held yearly and results are published in percentage.
Colleges Offering Master of Arts in Population Studies (MA Population Studies)
- Padma Kanya Multiple Campus
- Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus
- Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus
- Tri- Chandra Campus
- Patan Multiple Campus
- To take account of birth, death, immigrants, emigrants of specific areas.
- To study the reasons behind infant death, death by diseases, emigration and immigration.
- To study about managing population by providing health knowledge specially in rural areas.
- To provide a healthy environment by creating healthy population, as population is responsible for environmental advancement or degradation.
One who wants to study this course, must have completed his/her Bachelor's degree in Population Studies or in any related social science disciples. The students must also pass an entrance exam held by the University. For this, the students should first fill up the form either by downloading from site or shall go to the central college. The date and time for exam will be published thereafter. After passing entrance exam, one must face a personal interview either with Dean or faculty members. The scholarship will be provided after overall analysis of previous academic details, entrance exam, and personal interview.
Course of Study
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.