Master of Business Management (Tribhuvan University)
Master of Business Management (MBM) is a two year, 4 semester course of Faculty of Management, in affiliation with Tribhuvan University. The course is of 60 credit hours. There are 15 credit hours in each semester. Out of 60 credit hours, 39 credit hours are allocated for core course modules that promote general perspectives of management. Each subject is of 3 credit hours except of research which is of 6 credit hours. Apart from this, knowledge of concentration courses, banking and finance, applied marketing, , small business and entrepreneurship, small business and entrepreneurship, sectoral management and rural development and management are also provided to students for their professional development. In third and fourth semester, there are electives. There are electives subject such as agribusiness management, commerce management, travel and tourism management, insurance and risk management, Micro finance and entrepreneurship, E business, etc. for specialization. These elective courses reflect new ideas, trends and practices in the field of management.
List of colleges:
List of colleges providing MBM in TU are as follows:
- Nepal Commerce Campus, Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- Shanker Dev campus, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- Central Department of MBM, Kirtipur, Kathmandu
The fee for studying MBM in semester system in Central Campus is Rs. 250,000. The first semester fee is Rs. 80, 000 and Rs. 65,000 from second semester onward.
The course objectives of MBM are as follows:
- To help students develop the core business skills that assist in developing the capable and proficient professional for the business, public sector and social sectors, etc.
- To produce highly qualified business graduates with a strong base in understanding what business proceedings is all about and also develop the skills and awareness required to be successful businessmen, managers, entrepreneurs, etc.
- To produce efficient executives capable of exploring and enhancing new business ventures as well as promoting emerging new business sector for the development of country.
- To offer students comprehensive and broader practical understanding and knowledge of management issues and necessary skills and ideas.
The students willing to join MBM must fulfill the following criteria:
- A minimum of 15 years of formal education consisting 12 years of schooling and three year or more of undergraduate study.
- Must have secured a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in the Bachelor level.
- The students form any stream can join MBM program.
FOM conducts four staged admission tests to appropriately select the students.
- Written test: The test is based on the GMAT and GRE format. The time of exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Group Discussion: Group discussion takes place in given topics which are judged by panel of experts.
- Individual presentation: Applicants should provide his views on the given topics.
- Personal interview: Personal interview is taken then.
Course of Study
- Emerging Concepts in Management
- Managerial Accounting and Control
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Statistics and Computer-assisted Data Analysis
- Global Economy and International Business
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Business Research Methodology
- Financial System in Nepal
Scope and Career Prospects
MBM is one of the new courses introduced in the faculty of management. This course was introduced with the purpose of providing latest knowledge in the field of management. So, business management graduates have very huge career potentials. The graduates can work as managers is different business sectors, corporate sectors, factories and industries, etc. Not only this, the graduates can work as business analyst, sales managers, marketing analyst, banker, investment analyst, etc. Graduates also have option to pursue as the writer, editor, journalist, etc in the field of management. Moreover, studious students can work as the teachers, lecturers, and academician in the colleges and universities. Moreover, business field also needs lot of researchers for enhancing the business strategy and exploring new fields. The prospects of the graduates are also high in the developed countries. They get good job with handsome remuneration.