M.Ed in Political Science Education (Tribhuvan University)
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Political Science education is a two year program spreading over four semesters. This program is conducted by Faculty of Education, Tribhuvan University. This course is taught as a semester in Central Campus and as a yearly program in rest of the other colleges throughout Nepal. For providing students very practical knowledge, the courses has been divided into core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practice and thesis and such division of courses will be beneficial for students. Apart from fourth semester, all other semester is of 18 credit hours. Fourth semester is of 12 credit hours and students have to study 66 credit hours in total. Yearly system is of 1000 marks which are studied over 2 years time span.
Thecourse aims to providecandidates the knowledge and aptitude needed to flourish as an academically accomplished political science education teachers and tutors. PoliticalScience education holds momentous place in the education sector. Nepal needs very efficient political science graduates who can teach students the norms and values of politics and contribute in changing the perception of politics among his students.
The course is designed with following objectives:
- To facilitate the students to understand and identify the mission, objective, principles and importance in teaching Political Science Education.
- To build up the proficiency needed for formulating the Political Science curriculum and for developing aid and support resources to bring curriculum in operation.
- To enable the students to comprehend the meaning, nature and scope of Political Science Education and its importance and relevancy in the society.
- To develop the aptitude, vision and skills for evaluating and assessing the variety of outcomes in Political Science education.
- Students having Bachelor's Degree in Education from Tribhuvan University or University accepted by Tribhuvan University are eligible for getting the admissionto the Master's Program for specific subject: Political Education
- Three-year B.Ed. or one year B.Ed. in any discipline from T.U. or a university accepted by TU.
- The candidates should be free from physical and mental disability.
- Passing the entrance exam is must for admission in semester system.
- Entrance exam is taken by Department of Political Science Education.
- The merit list is published after the entrance exam is taken.
Course of Study
Scope and Career Prospects
If we see the politics of Nepal, it becomes so visible that the country needs a very efficient political science graduates who have an ability to teach his students about the ethics, values and morals that is needed in politics and politician. There is wider belief in the people who are unfamiliar with education sector that education graduates and the scope of education is limited to teaching but this argument is not correct. Teaching is the major field and graduates can teach for primary level to the university level. Apart from teaching, there are very exciting professions that political education graduates can prefer. The graduates can work in TV, radios, newspaper, etc. in different positions. The students can work in NGO/ INGO's related to advocacy and other political science associated issues. One can also work as political analyst, writer, trainer, administrator, etc. Moreover, civil service exam, license exam and other government jobs exam are the places where graduates can vie for.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Colleges Nepal.