Search for College
Universal College of Medical Sciences
Universal College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) was established in 1998 under the Universal Institute of Advanced Studies & Research Pvt. Ltd. (UIAS&R) and has made a remarkable name in the field of medicine and dentistry in Nepal. It is affiliated to the Institute of Medicine, Tribhuwan University and is recognized by the Nepal Medical Council (NMC). The college is located at Bhairahawa in the district of Rupandehi. Universal College of Medical Sciences was established with a purpose to train and bring out competent medical professionals from all over the globe. Since its inception, the college has already produced more than 2000 doctors who are practicing in their respective disciplines not just in Nepal but all over the world.
Universal College of Medical Sciences has an outstanding result in medical education with almost two decades of experience and is dedicated towards quality education and excellent health services. The college consists of a 750-bedded hospital with prominent faculties from Nepal, India and abroad with modern equipments and technologies. The college has always focused in delivering the best medical education and care to its students and people.
The main objective of the Universal College of Medical Sciences and Teaching Hospital is to equip its students with world-class quality education and technical knowledge in the field of medical education and make them professionally competent in their respective area of study. Also, assisting the people with excellent and proper health services at an affordable cost is another objective of the college.
Universal College of Medical Sciences offers intensive care and other diagnostic and therapeutic services at a relatively low cost. Currently, there are following services of department at UCMS:
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Dermatovenerology
- Emergency Department
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
Bachelor of Public Health
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Universal College of Medical Sciences has a well-furnished academic complex of its own with modern physical infrastructures. It has spacious classrooms with well accommodations.
- The college has a well-stocked library with a collection of huge volumes of books and references related to the subject studies. The library has an accommodation capacity of more than 300 students at once.
- The computer lab fully equipped with unlimited internet facility and power backup at Universal College of Medical Sciences.
- There are separate and well-equipped laboratories for each department of Anatomy, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Physiology and so on in the Basic Science block within the college premises.
- The UCMS Teaching Hospital is well equipped with 790 beds and all the required modern technologies and equipments.
- Universal College of Medical Sciences has Memorandum of Understanding signed with the Lumbini Zonal Hospital.
- The college organizes regular workshops and seminars for the overall development of its students as well as national and international exposure of its students in the medical field.
- The college provides separate hostel for boys and girls and another one for the PG students. The hostels are well accommodated and furnished.
- Universal College of Medical Sciences has a well-managed and hygienic cafeteria within the college premises.
- The college also has its own Health Club and organizes various kinds of sports activities all year round.
- The college has facilities of transportation as well with travel assistance for its students and visitors.
- Universal College of Medical Sciences has a provision of scholarships and provides financial assistance to the brilliant and needy students.
MBBS: Candidates are required to have passed their +2 examinations or A Level or I.Sc. or any other equivalent degree from any recognized board or university with a minimum 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology each. The Nepali candidates are required to pass the entrance examination conducted by the IOM, TU while the international candidates should abide by the norms of the university and/or governing bodies.
BDS: Candidates are required to have passed their +2 examinations or A level or I.Sc. or any other equivalent degree from any recognized board or university with a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in aggregate.
B.Sc. MLT: The candidates should have passed the certificate level in Lab Medicine. The candidates who have cleared their +2 in Science (Biology Group) or equivalent degree are also eligible to apply for this degree. The eligible candidates are required to sit through an entrance examination covering the English Aptitude Test and Basic Health Sciences with a total of 100 marks for each subject. The candidates should score a minimum of 50% mark.
B. Pharma: The candidates seeking admission in B. Pharma academic course are required to have passed the certificate level in Pharmacy. Also, the students should have passed their 10+2 in Science (Biology Group) or any other equivalent degree with a minimum score of 50% from any recognized board or university. The candidates should not exceed 25 years of age during the time of the admission.
BMIT: The candidates should have passed certificate course level in Health Sciences in radiography. The students should have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 in Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in both theory and practical.