Public Health refers to the collaborative practice to improve and protect the hygiene of the people and the communities as a whole. It consists of multiple practices and policies that are used to maintain and promote the overall health of the entire community.
BPH course, full form Bachelor of Public Health is an undergraduate course, designed to address the public hygiene demand and challenges.
Moreover, public health is a crucial part of the nation’s fitness care system. BPH course considers this and prepares its students as per the requirement.
Public health is one such sector that is often overlooked by the population. Naturally, BPH course has the same situation. But, the program is extremely important for the nation as it plays a vital role in determining the well-being of individuals and also communities from the root level.
BPH course prepares aspiring pupils to become capable public health officers. It has its role in strengthening the well-being of the country’s population.
If we look at the health index, the overall system of Nepal is improving. Many of the organizations or institutions are trying their best to improve it. One of the fundamental elements to improve it is education.
A BPH course was introduced in Nepal to address that. It provides awareness to the public through different campaigns and programs.
A bachelor of Public health degree is extremely important in Nepal considering that many places are yet to evolve in this sector.
BPH is one such education in Nepal that can improve the physical fitness of individuals and communities even in rural areas.
We discussed how important the Bachelor of Public Health is in the context of Nepal. Now let us look into the education related to it.
Bachelor of Public Health is a semester-wise undergraduate degree. The course lasts four years in total. Because of its importance, 7 universities or institutions actively teach it.
More than 30 colleges provide the BPH course to individuals who are willing to study it. A total of 840 seats are allocated for this degree. Even foreigners are welcome to review this program in Nepal.
Talking about the BPH course syllabus or curriculum, every university has designed its course. The subject matter is similar to all these curricula. The minimum credit hour of the course is 140.
Universities providing BPH course in Nepal are:
The table below provides the details about the number of colleges a university has under it and the seats allocated for the course by the respective university.
|Madan Bhandari Academy of Health Sciences
The primary objective of the BPH course is to provide comprehensive knowledge and expertise in the field of community fitness.
It focuses on producing community health workers needed for the nation. They are responsible for responding to the hygiene requirements of the public.
There are other objectives of the course besides this. Let us look at them in detail:
BPH course is one such discipline of medicine that has a wide range of scope across the globe. The graduates are sought-after from the community to the national level.
Let us look at a few of the scope of the BPH course in detail:
To be eligible to study the BPH course in Nepal one has to meet the following criteria:
The applicants of the BPH course must clear the entrance examination with the threshold score to qualify to study the program. In most of the universities, the minimum percentile required to pass the exam is 50.
Here are a few of the important details that might be useful to the applicants:
If you clear your entrance examination and are selected to study the BPH course, the university might require a few documents for the admission procedure which are:
NPR 7,50,000 is the fee for BPH courses determined by the Medical Education Commission (MEC).
However, the fee structure of the course varies depending on the nature of the college. The private colleges providing the degree have higher fees as compared to government-funded colleges.
Out of more than 800 seats are allocated for the public, in which 212 are provided as scholarships. There are two types of expertise: general and quota.
55% of the total scholarship (116 seats) is general while the remaining 45% (96 seats) is listed as quota.