Bachelor of Architecture | Pokhara University
The Bachelors of Architecture is calculated to be five years program at Pokhara University that falls under the school of Engineering and Transportation Studies. This sixty months course expects to fulfill the global guidelines in configuration training, making prepared researchers who will able to be an expert in the related field for Asian country and abroad. The course includes the designs and aesthetic theory, as well as practical courses on structure, mechanical system, electrical system, plumbing, construction, building.
List of Bachelor of Architecture Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Architecture program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor of Architecture
The fundamental targets of this course is to structure the researchers in such a way that they will meet the global principles of architecture.
This course also includes site visits, field adventures, and introduction to new techniques to solve issues of the related field.
A full semester serves to compose the researchers with a lot of skills of solving and analyzing work before graduation.
Theoretical and practical teaching style will enhance their thinking, on the spot problem solving skills in their projects, plans and research.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Architecture
Entrance exams are directed by the employees for confirmation. After the entrance examination, result are announced and selected candidates will be able to continue their further study.
Foreign candidates should have secured at least second division at the Intermediate (Higher Secondary) level with Science group, to be qualified for confirmation. They should visit to the respective representative for the further process of admission in this faculty.
Bachelor of Architecture Syllabus
- MTH 112: Mathematics I
- ARC 151: Building Materials
- ARC 111: Architecture Modeling
- ARC112: Architectural Graphics I
- ARC 121: Introduction to Architecture
- ARC 101: Basic Design I
- MTH 122: Mathematics II
- Eng 104: Communication Technique
- CMP 101: Computer and Programming
- ARC 113: Architectural Graphics II
- ARC 114: Photography
- ARC 102: Basic Design II
- ARC 222: Structure Forms
- SRV 202: Surveying
- ARC 241: Building Science I
- ARC 215: Visual Arts
- ARC 231: History of Western Arch
- ARC 203: Architectural Design I
- MEC 208: Statics and Dynamics
- CMP 212: Computer Aided Design I
- ARC 242: Building Services I
- ARC 252: Building Construction I
- ARC 232: History of Eastern Arch
- ARC 204: Architectural Design II
- STR 331: Structure I
- CMP 313: Computer Aided Design II
- ARC 353: Building Construction II
- ARC 361: Architectural Elective I
- ARC 333: History of Nepalese Arch
- ARC 305: Architectural Design III
- STR 332: Structure II
- ARC 342: Building Science II
- ARC 354: Building Construction III
- ARC 371: Landscape Architecture
- ARC 334: History of Modern Arch
- ARC 306: Architecture Design IV
- STR 433: Structure III
- ARC 481: Settlement Planing
- ARC 462: Architecture Elective II
- ARC 407: Architecture Design V
- ARC 423: Working Drawing And Detailing
- ARC 569: Practical Office Experience
- STR 434: Structure IV
- ARC 563: Architecture Elective III
- ARC 455: Estimating and Valuation
- ARC 465: Directed Studies and Seminar
- ARC 443: Building Service II
- ARC 408: Architecture Design VI
- ARC 524: Management And Economics
- SOC 411: Architecture And Society
- ARC 509: Architectural Design VII Thesis
Scope and Career Prospects
As students are well prepared with practical and theoretical classes, their skills and knowledge will help them to be well-established job holder in the best place.
Some of the job fields after this program are listed below:
Urban and regional planning
Building planning and
Almost all the areas of construction.