Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism | Pokhara University
Since past two decades, the world is experiencing special growth in the tourism sector. Tourism is considered as one of the largest as well as fastest growing industries. So, this sector is undoubtedly attracting many attentions and as a result, numbers of students who are interested in pursuing BBA-TT degree are also increasing. This program is an administration degree that introduces students to administration, instruction, advertising, marketing, fund, financial matters and law related with this industry.
The BBA-TT program upgrades one's understanding of financial, social and ecological parts of tourism etc. This course also helps to create your business learning and skills through a mix of practical, theoretical studies and useful researches. This management degree is a four-year program offered by Pokhara University (PoU). The program consists of 126 total credit hours with 2 internships along with one field work project.
List of Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism
The key objectives of this BBA-TT degree are-
To give the candidate the managerial aptitudes and skills important to address the needs of the Tourism industry.
To create candidates' basic knowledge and to enhance their diagnostic, critical thinking and choice making aptitudes.
To give a wide understanding of the basic standards of administration related to this industry.
To give candidate the instruments and management abilities to wind up their decision taking ability in the Travel and Tourism industry.
To furnish candidate with the capacity to direct research and produce a superb exploration which includes the capacity to choose, characterize and center upon an issue at a proper level, to investigate the issue, to create suggestions and finalize conclusions.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism
Eligibility for Admission:
In order to be eligible to study this Bachelor level degree, candidates must have to successfully complete their +2/ intermediate level in any stream securing minimum second division. The admission is based on the entrance test, personal interview and past academic performance given by the candidate.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Travel and Tourism Syllabus
- ENG 101: English I
- MTH 101: Business Mathematics I
- TTM101: Fundamentals of Travel & Tourism
- PSY 101: General Psychology
- MIS 101: Computer and IT Applications
- ENG 102: English II
- MTH 102: Business Mathematics II
- TTM 103: Travel Agency Management and Operation
- MGT 111: Principles of Management
- ECO 101: Introductory Macroeconomics
- ENG 203: Business Communication
- STT 101: Business Statistics
- ACC 121: Financial Accounting I
- HTM 101: Hotel And Hospitality Management
- ECO 201: Introductory Macroeconomics
- FAT 201: Fares and Ticketing
- STT 201: Data Analysis and Modeling
- MGT 211: Fundamental of Organizational Behavior
- FIN 131: Essentials of Finance
- ACC 122: Financial Accounting II
- TTM102: Geography and International Tourism
- SOC 101: Fundamentals of Sociology
- MGT 314: Management of Human Resources
- LAW 291: Legal Aspects of Business and Technology
- MIS 201: Introductory to Management Information System
- TPD 308: Tourism Products Development
- RCH 311: Business Research Methods
- TIM304: E-Business for Tourism
- FIN 231: Financial Management
- MKT 241: Principles of Marketing
- PRJ493: Project Work
- TTM 306: Nepali Social Cultural Enviroment
- MGT 312: Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- MGT 311: Fundamental of Operation Management
- INT 395: Internship
- : Elective 1
- TIM 401: Tourism Policy,Planing and Development
- TIM 402: Air Cargo Operation Management
- MGT 412: Strategic Management
- : Elective II
Scope and Career Prospects
The increase in commercial ventures related to tourism sector, in our own country and abroad has created diverse scopes to BBA-TT graduates. The BBA-TT program at Apex (only college in Nepal which provides BBA-TT) gives grades chance to join at entry & middle-level administration in any travel organizations, aerial shuttles, lodgings and unified commercial ventures. Likewise, the program gives strong conceptual & expert skills to grads to pursue an independent occupation.
This degree equips students with communication and business management skills and offers vocational training, broadening grads job prospects. An individual with this degree can work as
Travel agency manager
Tourist information center manager