B.Sc. Environmental Management | Pokhara University
The Bachelor of Science in Environment Management (B.Sc in Environment Management) is an interdisciplinary academic program that gives a strong foundation in the areas of agricultural ecology, water resources, soil science, and hydrology. The program is designed to prepare grads for careers in industries and government departments that deal with the preservation of biodiversity.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management degree offered by Pokhara University (PU) is spanned over a period of four years. The program comprising of eight semesters and 120 credit hours provides students with knowledge and skills required to recognize and evaluate the technical, scientific, and qualitative components of issues. The program covers subjects such as Geology and Soil, Introductory Physics, Introductory Chemistry, Introductory Biology, Fundamental of Mathematics, General English, Ecology and Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Applied Mathematics, Communication and Technical English, Sociology and Environment and Fundamental Economics etc. In the eighth semester, students need to work on the thesis.
List of B.Sc. Environmental Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for B.Sc. Environmental Management program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
Objectives of B.Sc. Environmental Management
Some of the major objectives of this program are listed below:
To enable students to apply technology and theory while dealing with the issues.
To enable students to scrutinize mitigation and remediation strategies for diverse environmental hazard.
To prepare students to work in a team collaboratively while dealing with issues.
To equip students with management tools and prepare them for further education.
Admission Requirements in B.Sc. Environmental Management
Students interested in pursuing Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management program should have completed +2 or intermediate in Engineering, Agriculture, Forestry and other technical subjects. In addition to this, students need to appear in the entrance test conducted by Pokhara University.
Attested copies of mark sheets and character certificate of SLC and 10+2 or PCL equivalent
Duly filled and signed application form
- ENG 101.2: General English
- MTH 102.3: Fundamental of Mathematics
- ENV 103.3: Introductory Biology
- ENV 104.3: Introductory Chemistry
- ENV 105.2: Introductory Physics
- ENV 106.3: Environmental Geology and Soil
- ENG 107.3: Communication and Technical English
- MTH 108.3: Applied Mathematics
- ENV 109.3: Environmental Microbiology
- ENV 111.3: Ecology and Environmental Science
- ENV 110.3: Environmental Chemistry
- SOC 201.3: Environmental Sociology
- ECO 202.3: Fundamental Economics
- STT 203.3: Applied Statistics
- ENV 204.3: Biodiversity and Biotechnology
- ENV 205.3: Hydrology and Meteorology
- ENV 206.3: Environmental Resources and Sustainable Development
- ECO 207.3: Environmental Economics and Trade
- ENV 208.3: Environmental Engineering
- MGT 309.3: Environmental Policy, Laws and Conventions
- MGT 210.3: Project Management
- ENV 211.2: Sustainable Tourism Management
- ENV 212.3: Environmental Management System
- ENV 213.3: Environmental Assessment Techniques
- ENV 214.3: Envionrmental Monitoring
- ENV 215.3: Environmental Governance
- ENV 216.3: Geo-Information Management
- MGT 217.3: Comprehensive Environmental Planning and Conflict Management
- ENV 218.3: Disaster and Risk Assessment Techniques
- ENV 219.3: Urban Development and Environmental Management
- ENV 220.3: Integrated Watershed Management
- ENV 221.3: Environmental Technology
- ENV 301.3: Aquatic Environmental Management
- ENV 302.3: Climate Change and Society
- RCH 303.3: Research Methodology
- ENV 304.3: Environmental Health and Sanitation
- ENV 305.3: Emerging Issues, Seminar and Proposal Writing
- TH 306.12: Thesis (Research Work)
Scope and Career Prospects
After the imposition of environmental protection legislation in Nepal, the demand of skilled human resources in environment management at the local, regional, and central level's enforcement agencies is increasing. Grads with this degree can find career opportunities in NGOs and I NGOs along with other voluntary and statutory organizations.
This degree holder can find employment opportunities in an array of fields including state departments, commonwealth, & agencies accountable for the conservation, water, climate change policy, and environment. Grads can find job opportunities in:
Environmental Science Consultancy for government
Environmental Regulatory bodies
Environmental Impact Assessment
Marine and Coastal Management