M.Sc. Environmental Management | Pokhara University
Master of Science in Environmental Management focuses on management prospective, sustainability and issues. This degree furnishes a basic introduction of environmental engineering and science along with policy-related legal concerns. This is a two-year academic program offered by Pokhara University (PoU). This degree is designed for those who are interested in pursuing careers in environmental analysis & policy, consulting, management and education that deal with issues of the environment. To complete this program successfully, students must have to study at least 60 credits hour, which consists of seventeen courses.
List of M.Sc. Environmental Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for M.Sc. Environmental Management program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
Objectives of M.Sc. Environmental Management
The major objectives of this program are listed below:
To provide the curriculum and research study that covers advanced courses and management tools.
To create an ability to apply environmental techniques and tools to incorporate sustainable practices.
To enhance students' expertise and skills by providing the advance knowledge.
Admission Requirements in M.Sc. Environmental Management
Eligibility criteria for students interested in pursuing this degree:-
In order to be eligible to apply for this degree, students must have to pass a bachelor degree in technical fields that include health sciences, forestry, sciences, engineering, ecology, chemistry, physical sciences, agriculture and meteorology from college/ board/ university recognized by Pokhara University..
Admission Procedure for Admission:
Applicant must have to submit attested academic certificates from SLC to Bachelor degree.
Applicant must have to submit accurately filled and correctly signed application form.
Applicant must have to submit two recommendation letters from colleges last attended.
Selected applicant must have to face the entrance exam conducted by Pokhara University.
Applicant must have to face personal interview with the representative of college.
M.Sc. Environmental Management Syllabus
- ENV 501.3: Bio-Physical Environment
- ENV 502.3: Environmental Engineering
- ENV 503.3: Environmental Science Practical (Air,Water,Soil and Vegetation)
- MGT 501.3: Environmental Governance,Policy and Legislations
- SOC 501.3: Sociology and Cultural Environment
- STT 501.3: Statistics
- ECO 511.3: Environmental Economics
- ENV 511.3: Environmental Assessment (IEE, EIA, SIA, SEA)
- ENV 512.3: Environmental Managment System (LCA, RA, QMS, CP)
- ENV 513.2: Ecosystem Service Management
- ENV 514.3: GIS Application and Remote Sensing
- ENV 515.2: Environmental Science Field Work,Case Study/Team Paper
- MGT 512.2: Strategic Planning, Conflict Management and Concensus Building
- ENV 621.3: Urban Environmental Management
- ENV 622.3: Climate Change
- ENV 623.2: Watershed Management
- ENV 624.2: Environmental Science Field Work,Case Study/Team Paper
- MGT 621.2: Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis
- RCH 621.3: Research Methodology
Scope and Career Prospects
Following the imposition of environmental protection legislation in Nepal, the demand of skilled manpower in environment management at the local, regional and central level enforcement agencies is increasing. An Individual with this degree can find career opportunities in NGOs and INGOs along with other voluntary and statutory organizations.
BDS degree holder can find employment opportunities in various fields including state departments, agencies accountable for the conservation, water, climate change policy and environment. Graduates can find job opportunities in:
Science Consultancy for government
Environmental Impact Assessment
Marine and Coastal Management