M.Sc. Interdisciplinary water resource management | Pokhara University
Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Water Resource Management degree conducted by the Pokhara University (PoU) is designed to produce academically sound and highly proficient professionals. The graduates will be carved with interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise, and capability to respond to the evolving multi-disciplinary challenges. The total duration of this course is two years. This course provides a unique opportunity to learn the socio-economic, institutional, legal, environmental, and biophysics aspects.
This degree comprises of Basic Courses, which aims to cover the core of social and natural sciences. The core courses are related to Integration Courses that combines natural as well as physical sciences with the social elements and Application Courses. This course deals with detailed knowledge and expertise required to plan, design and implement development program.
This program covers major science subjects. Such as Hydrological Science, Public Health, Livelihood and Ecosystem, Role of Water in Productive Activities, Water Flow and Hydraulics, Hydrological Science, Legal and Policy Dimensions of Water Management, Conflicts in Water Management, Economics of Water Resources Management, Integrated Water Resources Management and Water Induced Disaster, and Risk Management.
List of M.Sc. Interdisciplinary water resource management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for M.Sc. Interdisciplinary water resource management program under Pokhara University in Nepal.
Objectives of M.Sc. Interdisciplinary water resource management
The key objectives of this program are mentioned below:
To furnish students with a comprehensive understanding of the water use and its management
To enable students to exhibit the ability to plan and execute a project in the related field
To enable students to analyze, evaluate and solve the issues related to the resources management
To encourage students for life-long learning and conduct research
Admission Requirements in M.Sc. Interdisciplinary water resource management
Students interested in pursuing this program should meet the following requirements:
Interested candidates must have to complete bachelor level in Science and Technology with from the college/ board/ university recognized by Pokhara University (PoU)
Must have to appear the in entrance test conducted by the Pokhara University (PoU)
Candidates must have to attend a personal interview with the representative of respective college or university
- IWM 611.3: Hydrological Sciences
- IWM 612.3: Water Flow and Hydraulics
- IWM 613.3: Role of Water in Productive Activities
- IWM 614.3: Society and Water: Public Health, Livelihood and Ecosystem
- IWM 615.3: EIA and GIS application in Water Resources
- IWM 616.2: Presentation, Writing and Reporting Skills
- IWM 621.3: Economics of Water Resources Management
- IWM 622.2: Gender, Water and Social Inclusion
- IWM 623.3: Conflicts in Water Management
- IWM 624.3: Legal and Policy Dimensions of Water Management
- IWM 711.3: Water Induced Disasters and Risk Management
- IWM 712.3: Integrated Water Resources Management
- IWM 713.3: Field Research Methodology
- IWM 714.2: Power, Authority and History
- : Elective I Climate Change, Livelihood and Adaptation
- : Elective I Land Degradation and Management
- : Elective I Irrigation Infrastructure Development and Management
- : Elective I Groundwater Management
Scope and Career Prospects
The graduates of this degree can work as hydrologists, supervisors or experts in different sectors, Regular Resource Managers, geologists, and aquaconservation specialist. Such as in natural counseling firms, in mechanical waste aqua treatment offices, and in hydro engineering organizations. Graduates can also work in local water resource offices or in government organizations.