Bachelor in Media Technology | Purbanchal University
Bachelor in Media Technology (BMT) is a 3 years program, which is based on semester system. This program is registered at Purbanchal University which falls under the faculty of Media, Journalism and Related Studies. The word media is the plural form of medium. The rapid growth in communication, internet and mobile technologies has shaped a request for alumnae with a massive knowledge of technology. This course basically focuses on theories and practices that held in the communication related subjects. Media Technology includes Journalism, public dealings, publicity, statement training's, information management, broadcasting, TV and film. The above are the factors, which are clearly discussed on BMT. All the forms of communication have become increased world-widely and demand for more eligible educated graduates in the related workforce.
List of Bachelor in Media Technology Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor in Media Technology program under Purbanchal University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor in Media Technology
The objectives of BMT are: -
The key objective of this course is to teach the students a wide range of areas from core disciplines.
By learning this course the students not only knows how to act better in assignments and exams, they can also use this knowledge in practical life and help to express their ideas, feelings, etc.
Media Technology combines engineering theories with production and the students will learn about the principles and functions of movie, auditory and software systems while gaining fundamental skills and acquaintance in electronics, plan systems and the technical features of film, standard definition and High definition Television.
In this course aspirants will also study about all the necessities of TV and Radio Distribution.
Also, students will learn to cut-edge technologies studying this course.
The college also highlights on providing excellence education as well as developing friendly teaching learning environments within the grounds.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor in Media Technology
Any student who has successfully passed +2 or any level equivalent to +2 from any field is eligible to apply for this program. The admission opens from Shrawan (Aug-Sept) of every year.
Bachelor in Media Technology Syllabus
- JMC1101: Basic Principles of Journalism and Mass Media
- NR1101: News Reporting- Part One
- BJ1101: Broadcast Journalism - Part One
- NE1101: News Editing
- SNL1101: Studies In Nepali Language
- SEL1101: Studies In English Language
- CT1101: Computer Technology
- BJ1202: Broadcast Journalism - Part Two
- IM1201: Interactive Media
- LEM1201: Laws and Ethics in Media
- PJ11201: Photo Journalism
- RW1201: Reporting And Writing
- SEL1202: Studies In English Language
- BJ2303: Broadcast Journalism - Part Three
- MIHR2301: Media Issues (HR/Gender)
- PR2301: Public Relations
- MMR2301: Mass Media Research
- SEL2303: Studies In English Language
- AD2301: Advertising
- WD2401: WEB DESIGNING
- IMC2402: Integrated Marketing Communication And Promotions
- MMS2401: MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS
- MC2401: MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION
- CIN2401: CINEMA
- SOC2401: SOCIOLOGY I
- MM3501: Media Management
- CGA3501: COMPUTER GRAPHICS AND ANIMATION
- SOC3502: SOCIOLOGY II
- EHJ3501: ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH JOURNALISM
- DJ3501: DEVELOPMENT JOURNALISM
- ACP3503: Advertising Creativity & production
- MRT3601: MEDIA & RURAL TOURISM
- ELEC.3601: ELECTIVES (either TV or Radio)
- PCSM 3601: PRESS CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR MANAGEMENT
- AR 3601: APPLIED REPORTING
- AE 3601: APPLIED EDITING
- INTERN3601: PLACEMENT (INTERNSHIP)
Scope and Career Prospects
There is a high scope of Technologist and journalist in this current generation. As we all know that this generation uses a lot of electronic devices like mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, laptops, computers, television, etc. Even the advertisements that we see in websites, newspapers, television, banners, etc. are all included inside Media Technology.
Actually, we can say that the present generation is attracted and very much reliable by proper and attractive devices or attracted to use applications. Through the help of Media, we get to know about the various news, technologies, happenings, etc. all around the world and because of this high demand the graduates of this course with broad technical skills is usually in-need.
This course also mixes engineering theories with the proper production and practical coursework to make something likable. The Technologists could get the opportunities to learn about various technologies from different types of professional paths.
A media technologist can easily work for government agencies, libraries, academic institutions, Television Stations, Newspapers, and Radio Stations etc.