Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management | Purbanchal University
Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management (BHCM) is a 4 years course which falls under the faculty of Tourism and Hospitality. The hospitality industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the world creating large percentage of employment. This industry covers a wide range of organizations offering food and accommodation with motive to provide the best service to all the people.
This course, BHCM at Purbanchal University (PU) has been divided into altogether eight Semesters in total. This program consists of total 138 credit hours. This course provides the entire concepts and techniques related to hotel operation, foods preparation, and services. This course also helps to check to find out the finance analysis, accounting management, office operations and handling multicultural team through the exceptional education system. Apart from this, it helps to produce well and trained candidates but also qualified graduates with professional instructors, seminar, workshop, and industry visit which helps to equip students with all the necessary knowledge and intellectual and vocational skills to gain employment at each and every level of hospitality and catering.
List of Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management program under Purbanchal University in Nepal.
Objectives of Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management
The main objectives of this course are listed below:
To prepare the graduates for complete hotel management and hospitality skills.
This course helps to plan and execute techniques for dining services, wine and beverage, and bar operations.
This course helps assess guest preferences in response to industry trends.
This course also helps the effective production techniques and sanitation standards in safely preparing and serving attractively presented food.
This course helps the graduates to actively participate in developing a hospitality lodging and restaurant operation plan.
This course helps to supervise and co-ordinate personnel in a lodging and food service operation.
This course helps to establish and maintain professional attitude and appearance standards.
Finally, this Course also helps to integrate legal principles regulating a hospitality operation.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management
Candidate must have to complete +2/ Intermediate or any equivalent level in any stream from college/ Board/ University recognized by Purbanchal University (PU).
Candidate must require to get through the Purbanchal University’s entrance exam and interview.
Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management Syllabus
- 108: Communication Skill in English
- 109: Food Production
- 110: Food and Beverage Service
- 111: Front Office Operations Management
- 112: Hygiene and Sanitation Management
- 113: Travel & Tourism Management
- : Hotel Engineering and Maintenance
- 209: Food Production
- 210: Food and Beverage Service
- 211: Front Office Management
- 212: Food Science / Nutrition
- 213: Supervision Management in Hospitality Industry
- 308: House Keeping Operations
- 309: Food Production
- 310: Food and Beverage Service
- 311: Hospitality Marketing
- 312: Travels and Tourism Management (1)
- 313: Human Resource Management
- 408: House Keeping Operations
- 409: Food Production
- 410: Food and Beverage Service
- 411: Travel and Tourism management II
- 412: Economics
- 413: Management Skills
- 508: Food Production
- 509: Food and Beverage Service
- 510: Catering Management
- 511: Hotel Accounting
- 512: Fundamentals of Computers
- 513: Hospitality French- I
- 608: Bakery and Confectionary
- 609: Art and Science of Culinary Preparation
- 610: Food and Beverage Service
- 611: Hospitality French-II
- 612: Business Law
- 613: Computer in Management
- 708: Industrial Training Report Writing
- : Food Production
- : Food and Beverage Service
- : House Keeping
- : Front Office
- 808: Casino Management
- 809: Air Hostess / Steward
- 810: Practical Costing and Pricing
- 811: Specialization Training
Scope and Career Prospects
There are numerous career opportunities that could be grabbed after completing the graduation. Some of the major fields are:
Jobs as a Lodging manager, casino manager, travel agent, restaurant manager, cruise manager, hotel manager, motel manager, facilities manager, event planner and more.
One can also open there own restaurant.
Gradudates can peruse their career further in travel and tourism and other specified and advanced courses